Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N97 small but tricky problems

neljes

N97 small but tricky problems

I have two small but nasty problems disturbing by every single call:

1) while phone is ringing for incoming call the phone tilts every single time (kind of restarts) if I touch to the screen to any other place than the answering slide. This happens always when I pick the phone from a pocket and practically have to touch to the screen. Talked to Nokia service center where they said that this is common problem without solutoin. Nokia Care people told that they had never heard about it... and asked to change the sim card. I changed the sim with no influence.

2) with every call at start and end I get a pop up window "packet data connection in hold/opened". I believe that this is due to my push email connection. However having these pop up windows with every single call and actually staying there for 5 seconds causes frustration from user experience point of view. Again Nokia Care blamed for old incompatible sim card, which was rubbish as new sim card did not change anything.

Appreciate any real tips for helping for these problems. I still try to use this terrible product until changing it to some better phone as I paid almost 700€ for a disaster device.