Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 software/ touch screen problems

Registered Member
sydney1987

N97 software/ touch screen problems

[ Edited ]

I'm using a N97 mini phone since april 2010. I'm facing a real problem using it since the past couple of months. The touch screen and the keypad stop working and I'm left helpless. Showed it to the Nokia Care centre, who said its a software problem and have formatted my cell thrice now in the past 2 months, and after 4-5 days i face the problem again. Please help me before I lose faith in Nokia phones.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: N97 software/ touch screen problems

[ Edited ]

OKey, so the Nokia care centre has formated your phone three times due to what they believe is a software fault. Did they say what the thought was the issue? Have they only done hard resets to it or have they flashed the phone with current firmware?

So it takes about 4-5 days to get the issue back. What have you done before it starts happening again? Have you installed lots of apps, backed up content etc?

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: N97 software/ touch screen problems

The usual problem with the N97 , and I know from experience and many many resets, is lack of memory !! The only way to use the phone is with careful memory management ! You need to remove anything you don't need or can re-install on E from C phone memory, facebook, accuweather etc. Also don't install any Nokia software you don't REALLY need, it will ONLY install on C (MFE for example, if you can manage with the standaed email client, leave it off your phone !!) Next ensure you're saving messages on E mass memory, in messaging select Options>Other and set to E mass memory. You also need to clear the Privacy data from your browser on a regular basis, and it may be worth investing in RamBlow, to get extra ram availability. Do not leave too many apps running in the background either.

There are lots of threads on the forum about the N97, so do a little research, if you can keep about 30 meg of space available the phone should work well, but you need to keep aN EYE ON THINGS. iF YOU ARE ALREADY DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND THE PHONE KEEPS FREEZING , IT'S FAULTY, RETURN IT AND INSIST ON A REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT NOT A RESET !!

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.