Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N97 widgets missing from add content

Contributor
Accepted Solution

N97 widgets missing from add content

hoping someone can help. had some problems with my phone, trying to setup the home screen again. 2 applications in particular were compatible as a widget - facebook and news.com.au - are now no longer appearing as a selection. i dont recall if accuweather is a widget but can not get that appearing in the list either.

hoping somone can help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N97 widgets missing from add content

if they have gone missing, you can go to the ovi store and at least get the accu and facebook ones. i am not sure about the third one you listed. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i ave already downloaded them from the ovi store.

the install fine and can be used as a "shortcut". the problem is it is not selectable as a "widget" hope that makes a little more sense.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yes that is mighty strange. do you have the latest firmware update ? the only thing i can think of for you to do is try the first two codes and see if it helps any at all. i have not heard of this issue yet. this is the first. you have the apps but they dont show in the widget selection. read carefully every single point. 

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance. 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Awesome! were not thinking it would be such an easy fix to be honest, *#7780# (step 1) did the trick!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

glad it worked out :smileyhappy: be well, rad 
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

I'm a bit lost here. In order to install a widget you have to reset your phone to factory settings? 

Please use plain text.