Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NFC - E6 - How to?

Sage
bbnaco
Accepted Solution

NFC - E6 - How to?

Does E6 have NFC capabilities? If Yes how to use it to pair and transfer data with other NFC phones? I read somewhere that C7 has got its NFC enabled by the Anna update. My friend has one and I am looking forward to trying this out. -BBN.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

no. The E6 does not have that capability
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

It misses a hardware component which the C7 had!

Please use plain text.
Sage
bbnaco

Then this will be my biggest OOPS moment after buying E6. How sad, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aniluno

Can the NFC chip be installed in the E6 or E7?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

I'm afraid not, not only is it part of the main circuit board but the firmware wouldn't allow the capability as it's not an NFC enabled device.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
E6LB

Why don't you (=Nokia) just develop a Micro SDHC card with additional NFC functionality? Just thinking ...

Cheers, Lars 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

it would ned to be an extra physical addon and would make the micro sim too large. And also as mentioned previously the phones firmware would not read this as an NFC enabled device.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

There are in the market NFC USB. http://www.identivenfc.com/nfc-readers.htm

If people at Nokia gives the functionality that USB drives, mouses and keyboards have, any USB OTG device could use a NFC reader.

Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Correct, however these are built with NFC in mind. I'm not sure how a seperate addon to a phone would then link into the software of the phone. I think the way this new technology evolves and becomes more prominent that eventually all phones will all have it built into them... in the same way that bluetooth, wifi, GPS etc were/are gradually introduced.
Please use plain text.
akim190

Please use plain text.