Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA E6 ISSUE - with whatsapp -Outgoing and Conne...

Contributor
Whatsapp01

NOKIA E6 ISSUE - with whatsapp -Outgoing and Connection Stop working

Hi Guys,

I m the guy with Addiction of Nokia phones from last ten years.

3 day before I got Nokia E6 this mobile is performing better than its last version of OS but there an issue with its connections and outdoing call functions when we use whatsapp messenger. I m frequent user of Whatsapp messenger in which there is call option in friends list which you get in option while chatting. normally when we try to call through this option call doesn’t go out and its disconnected which happen to all Smartphone of Nokia mobiles But with E6 outgoing permanently stop for all call either you dial manually or through dialer or contacts list . To resolve this I restarted mobile and lost connection and configured email also.

Beggar can't be a chooser so I did factory restore with *#7370# and lost all data. I realized the actual issue when installed Whatsapp again and got same issue. I have used N97 for 2years but this issues is not with that mobile.

Temporary solution ia to run Setting Wizard to regenerate connections or Go to factory setting and restore to save your data.

Here I want to just inform to all Nokia E6 and Symbian Anna OS user for this issue hope Nokia Support Team comes back soon with some solution in next update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kunal007

Re: NOKIA E6 ISSUE - with whatsapp -Outgoing and Connection Stop working

Yes i faced the same issue..The issue occurs with another application "Socially".Another solution is to shut the phone replace the sim with any other sim nand then put the original sim back...This is disastrous..........Anybody else with the same problem.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
e6_problem

same problem. earlier i was using nokia c6-01 i got same problem, then sold that phone  and got E6-00  a few days back. i was shocked to see that this model is also having the same problem. can anybody tell me the solution for this ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Whatsapp01

sorry brother for late reply

only solution as far is go to phone management--> factory settings --> restore

it will do soft formatting which keep  your existing data and contacts as it is

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aniketsharad

whatsapp01 you are correct. I have tried this. May Nokia team comes with a solution soon.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
e6_problem

i found a reply in other post for the same problem.

havent tried it.

********************************************************************************************************

I found the solution

First before starting backup all data on your phone (contact – messages – photos – videos – audio files - ……).

We will start format the E6 by dialing this code *#7370# it will take mints.

Your E6 will restart.

Steps:

1. Ignore all phone request in setup like setup your mail account.
  2. Run ovi.
  3. Make sure that your username is not writing in username text box – Note: if you find your user name is writing repeat the above steps.
  4. Login with your ovi account.
  5. Search about whatsapp and download and install.
  6. Test all whatsapp and E6 problem.
  7. Install mail account and all other applications.
  8. *****************************************************************.. i hope this will work.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
e6_problem

and dont forget to deactivate the CUG from service provider first. and from phone settings as well.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Whatsapp01

*#7370# is factory restore setting which cause all data lost,

soft formatting is best solution in my knowledge :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.