Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA N95 CORRUPT MEMORY (MINI SD) CARD

Registered Member

NOKIA N95 CORRUPT MEMORY (MINI SD) CARD

HI all,
I bought a new 4gb mini sd card for my nokia n95 and it worked fine for a day or so but then i accidentally removed it from my slot whilst the phone was still switched on. Now it keeps coming up as memory card corrupted. I go into options and try to format it but keep getting the message 'Memory card in use by other application. Continue anyway?' I click 'Yes' but nothing seems to happen, it just returns to the original screen saying Memory Card Corrupted. Can anyone please help me fix this? :-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: NOKIA N95 CORRUPT MEMORY (MINI SD) CARD

If you have an N95 that takes miniSD cards then it's a counterfeit phone. There's no knowing what goes into these cheap knock-offs nor how well their O/S manages brutal unmounting of the card.

I suggest you get hold of an SDHC card reader that plugs into a USB port and you format the card on your computer.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

i believe u would have gotten the sd adapter with ur 4gb card
connect ur card to ur pc make sure u have the option of show hidden files selected delete as many files/folders as u can then do a defragmentation of the card
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorry, my bad. Not too up on all the technology, but i have rechecked my memory card and it is a SanDisk 4gb Micro SDHC Card. The phone i bought through Orange.
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem as you.I also tried formating with my computer but nothing happen.i still cant read my memory card.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

microSDHC cards needs a different card reader... some sandisk microSDHC cards will come with a SDHC USB card reader, if your does not have one, better buy one and use that to format it... the normal card readers on laptop will not be able to properly read and format it, you need a reader with SDHC capability...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hendriksen123

im having this problem too.
i have tried two different memory cards (microSD and microSDHC) but they both get the same error message and cannot be formatted. I have tried all the advice given in this forum and also i have tried a reset of the phone (the one where you type in numbers and stars and hashes)
but i am still having this problem.
does anyone have any other ideas what can be done to fix this problem as i am assuming it is a problem with the phone and not the memory cards.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jcb18

I had the same issue with the microSD card that came with my N95. Placed card in another phone and deleted corrupted files, but still received same message when re-inserted into N95. Placed card in SD adapter and did the same, but on computer and still received same error message. I was able to format using N95 after I stopped using files (ringtones, themes, etc). Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hendriksen123

i emailed nokia about my problem and they sent me this reply, i hope it helps!

Dear Christiaan,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care.

In response to your enquiry, I wish to assure you that our products undergo thorough testing and quality checks to meet the manufacturing specification. Hence, there aren't any known concerns with our products.

Based on your description, if you are using a compatible memory card and are experiencing issues with its functions, I would recommend that you take the phone, memory card in question and proof of purchase to your nearest Nokia Care Point for an assessment. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under warranty.

A list of Nokia Care Point contact numbers and locations can be found at the link below:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/storelocator
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

format it using computer
Please use plain text.