Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

NOKIA N96 "Camera Feature not Supported" after upd...

Contributor

NOKIA N96 "Camera Feature not Supported" after updating to Firmware 30.033 and 30.101

Hello Guys! I updated my phone to firmware version 30.033 via NSU which caused my phone`s camera not working any more, while prior to the update it worked fine. When I press on the camera main button or open it from the menu, it gives a strange message " camera feature not supported" and the camera application can not be closed then till the phone is powered off. Then phone can not be downgraded to the previous or lower firmware. Hard reset to factory setting does not work. Anyone can help please????
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: NOKIA N96 "Camera Feature not Supported" after updating to Firmware 30.033 and 30.101

Hard reset to factory setting? Thats kinda weird. Factory settings and Hard reset have different codes:

*#7780# - factory reset

*#7370# - reset

Which one did you use?

First off, update induced issues may be fixed by:

1. Reinstalling the firmware - use ovi suite to reinstall firmware

2. Reset - *#7370#

3. Hard Reset - hold the green, 3 and * keys while powering up the phone until you see the country selection menu.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Contributor

Re: NOKIA N96 "Camera Feature not Supported" after updating to Firmware 30.033 and 30.101

Thank you for replying. I have tried all of the available reset codes and methods including multi-finger reset but of no use. I have even reinstalled the firmware but the problem persists. Nokia should soon release another update to bring a solution for this problem as there are many other such complaints on various forums about this update. I hope nokia will fix this problem soon.

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

it's a hardware defect not software one

it happened to me beefore with my N95

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Contributor

I don`t think it be hardware defect as I have a new phone and its camera worked fine in the old firmware prior to the update. Besides, some other people who have installed this firmware also have the same complaints. Now, I don`t know if the update has caused some hardware problem.

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

try to reinstall firmware. Oh yeah, if its still under warranty, get the Nokia Care Center to reinstall the firmware.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
joechots

Hi

I have the same problem, i updated my software a few months ago and everything worked fine, until now..

1st My phone started freezing than after a while my screen went (white)blank, I tried reinstalling firmware but it still didnt work.

2nd I then took it to nokia care, they told my my LCD is broken and thy replaced it for me

the phone started working but when I go to camera it says `feature not supported` and my phone stops working. I cant even exit camera app.

I took it back to Nokia they than told me its my software lol.:smileysurprised:. they reinstalled the firmware, reformated my mass memory.....and still it doesnt work.

they then told me to leave it with them and come back after  two weeks.......ermm I hope they find the problem and fix it.:smileyindifferent:

Registered Member
pbglegend

[ Edited ]

hi.... please tell me did u fix the problem of ur camera mobile or not......thanks for ur fast reply...with regards.

Registered Member
lewilaaaaa

Hi,

I have had the exact same problem just after I installed the latest software, so I think it couldn't possibly be a hardware problem since its happened to everyone else after installing update 30.033, the only possible way to get it working again is if nokia bring out another software patch that supports the camera, or obviously send it back to nokia , but I don't see why we should make the effort of sending our phones back to nokia when they made the **bleep** up, the phone is obviously not powerful enough to handle all the applications.:smileymad:and nokia are going to probably take another month or 2 to bring out new software but who knows , all I know is that am sat here with a camera phone that basically doesn't have a camera anymore:/  

Advisor

is this a hardware or software problem???

pls give a solution

Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Its a problem that affects a small number of phones after the update to v30 If none of the resets or a reinstall of the fw doesn't clear it then take your phone to a nokia care point and they will sort it out
kimranfn

NOKIA N96 secondary camera error "power of the device and restart" after Firmware 30.033

Hi guys i have the same problem but in my case the front camera is not working after updating firmware 30.033. When i try to use secondary camera an error occure "power of the device and restart". Please help me to solve this problem bcoz i love my phone very much........... Thanks (Imran)
Registered Member
master_onin

I Want to upgrade the firmware of my N96

My N96 firware version is 12.035 i check for update tthrough FOTA say 30.033 available. But i read all your comment and i had now to thick if i upgrade my N96 to ver 30.033 or. As of now my fone works fine in all features.  I only want to upgrade to know if there is new things happen when i upgrade like new feature etc.

What do you think? I upgrade my N96 or wait until ver 30.101 is available here in the Philippines...

Because i not see bad comments on ver 30.101....

:smileywink:

kooga

i have the same problam i rang nokia and they said my phone was still under warrenty 3 days after sending it off i got a phone call to say warrenty is void as there is a dent in the screen ( which is on the cover which i can easily change) but because it was due to there update it broke they said they will flash it.

week later i got a phone call from nokia to say the flash did not work so they sending the phone back to me and nothing they can do.

so all in all i got a n96 download new firmware which was done via my phone and nokia broke the camera with it and wont repair it so im screwed

cheers nokia:smileyvery-happy:

ZANEA

Re: I Want to upgrade the firmware of my N96

im from philippines too.. & i do upgraded my N96 that i've bought from Sweden into version 30.033.. & everything works fine for me.. except of not having the FACEBOOK application which said its include by that version.. but all fine for me & the speed was cool for me now than my older version before.. :smileyhappy:

ZANEA

i hope that nokia make update N96 30.033 into 30.101 here in the Philippines soon.. since its not available here yet..:smileysad:

Mobile Guru
synth_fg

30.101 is a version of v30.033 that is meant for the SE europe region only

as far as I am aware it contains nothing substantial over 30.033 other than some fixes in the language packs

Contributor
Medlou

Hi:

I was wondering if your problem has been fixed?

I got the same problem and unfortunately as I bought it on Ebay (wanted a unlocked model) I have been told by Nokia that I must send the phone to a China Carepoint because it is a China Nokia Product. 

I leave in Canada....Not a great solution given by Nokia.

My husband has the same phone and he did not have any probleme with it after downlowding the last version.  Camera still working very well.

Thanks for your replay in advance.

kzeebaba2

Re: NOKIA N96 "my application cant find connection" after updating to Firmware 30.033 and 30.101

when ever i used my phone for a day i would have to do restore factory settings because my phone would start to hang when i try to open live tv and the other application that need network will not detect network the only solution is to do hard reset. please i need your help as soon as posible.

Registered Member
vikasjec

[ Edited ]
Hello Guys! I updated my phone to firmware version 30.033 via NSU which caused my phone`s camera not working any more, while prior to the update it worked fine. When I press on the camera main button or open it from the menu, it gives a strange message " camera feature not supported" and the camera application can not be closed then till the phone is powered off. Then phone can not be downgraded to the previous or lower firmware. Hard reset to factory setting does not work. Anyone can help please????

Moderator's note:

We would like to inform you that we have removed your personal details from your post as it is unwise to publish it publicly on this forum.

Regards.