Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA N97...EMAIL PROBLEMS...HELP

Advisor
trendygram

NOKIA N97...EMAIL PROBLEMS...HELP

I need some help  please....I have a Nokia N97 which I recently purchased..love the phone but like most people I have had a few problems and recently have had to remove battery and restart a few times...

Now what is happening is that my email widget still appears on my home screen but my current emails are not showing...last emails showing are from 5 days ago and I know for a fact that I have lots more that are not coming through...when  I click into my widget its the same...none there from the last 5 days....I only have the basic Nokia email programme operating that came with my phone....my setup has obvioudly changed in some way....Help please...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: NOKIA N97...EMAIL PROBLEMS...HELP

[ Edited ]

Hi, try removing the widget, then go into messaging=options-settings-email-mailboxes-options-delete, Once you've deleted your mailboxes, go into Applications, seff,wizard and set up your mail again,

Also have you removed all possible apps from C and re-installed on E, and in messaging-options-settings-other-set memory in use to E-Mass memory and number of messages to 500 ?

Another thing to check is settings-phone-application settings-messaging-email-mailboxes-select mailbox-retrieval settings-retrieval amount-set to all andin automatic retrieval-E-mail retrieval-set to enabled.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage

Um. Stupid question perhaps, but have you been using E: to store your messages? If so, have the mail app switched back to using C:? That happens from time to time...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trendygram

Many thanks for your help once again carman....unfortunately I've tried all those suggestions (twice) but it still doesn't want to update my emails...i can get in via my messaging and it will then show me the latest ones...just not via the widget..perhaps it may just be easier to remove the widget from the homescreen...

As i'm new to Nokia(had a palm for years) I'm a bit confused about some things..how do I remove apps from C and re-install on E...also I purchased Quickoffice which sits on C...can I change that to E.

I'm thinking the next step may be a soft reset..do you think that may help..only problem being I understand I lose all my stuff in phone memory and at this stage that includes my quickoffice download....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trendygram

No...still using E....thanks for your assistance though....any suggestions gratefully accepted.;;

Please use plain text.
Sage
ak3_ltw

Are you speaking about Nokia Messaging Application or Mail folder you created under Messaging?

1. Nokia @ Email

Open the application in your phone and give send/receive

2. Messaging Mailbox

If you have tried setting up your mailbox again then connect it to server.

Can you please describe little more like what message do you get, or what exactly happens please?

Regards

Akshara

N97 Black India
Attending Nokia Discussion has become new hobby, Thanks to Nokia... for having so many bugs
Please use plain text.
Advisor
trendygram

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Nokia, but I think its just Nokia Messaging i'm using...thats the one that is standard with the new phone isn't it....and i'm not receiving any message..

the widget on the home screen just shows my last emails coming thru on 21st.Mar. and I know for a fact I have received many more over the past week....also when I open my emails from the widget it also shows my last emails on the 21st........I have checked my emails on my PC and there at least another 20 that are not showing....thanks for your assistance

Please use plain text.
Sage
ak3_ltw

Hi,

I hope you are using Nokia Messaging find attachment (scr0005)

Then please follow these things.

1. Go to your mailbox > Options

2. E-mail settings > Connection settings> Incoming e-mail

3. User name (xxxx@abcd.com), Password (xxxxx), Incoming mail server ( pop.xxxx.abcd.com), Access point in use (Your internet connection) i feel this is were you should set.

4. Retrieval settings

E-mail retrieval > set it to Headers only

Retrieval amount > From Inbox > All

N97 Black India
Attending Nokia Discussion has become new hobby, Thanks to Nokia... for having so many bugs
Please use plain text.
Advisor
trendygram

Many thanks for your assistance....still doesn't seem to want to work

Please use plain text.
pipebv

Hi,

To fix the email widget problem I try this and it works. I went to the main email settings and change the mailbox in use to another one, and then exit the email settings configuration. Then I enter again to the email settings and select my mailbox that I need (yahoo for my case) and start working fine again.

Please let me know if this helps

Good look

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trendycarpet

im using nokia n97 and i have installed whatsapp i just checked and it shows its instlled in my phone memory. my phone often hangs when i turn it to open the keyboard or sumtyms it wont open any pictures due to memory full although hardly there are 50 pics and approx 5 vids.... please help.. urgent. thanx.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trendycarpet

im using nokia n97 and i have installed whatsapp i just checked and it shows its instlled in my phone memory. my phone often hangs when i turn it to open the keyboard or sumtyms it wont open any pictures due to memory full although hardly there are 50 pics and approx 5 vids.... please help.. urgent. thanx.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Sorry but with nthe lack of memory on the N97 it really cannot cope with IM or MFE, would really recommend , if at all possible, you upgrade your phone, the N97 is very old now in technology terms and some of the Asha and Lumia models available now are extremely affordable and would give you a vastly superior communications experience.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.