Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA X6 Back-up and Hard Reset

Advisor

NOKIA X6 Back-up and Hard Reset

[ Edited ]

i backup my phone everyday. Now ive have this freezing problem an my phone wont switch on. Just incase i want/need to do a hard reset, i want to know what the back up ..backs up?.....does it save contacts, images etc?....

and IF i do a hard reset....what will i loose?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: NOKIA X6 Back-up and Hard Reset

back up would be contacts images ,videos etc , some apps that you may have installed ,you could loose some preinstalled apps or games

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

use ovi suite to make the backup then you will have the option to select what content to backup. hard reset deletes only the C: memory.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i cant do that as my phone is freezing on the nokia screen :/ so i cant do anything on ovi

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@aircadetgirl You say you back up your phone every day.Where to you back it up to? PC Suite or Ovi suite or somewhere else.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@aircadetgirl. Further to my above post, I back up to PC Suite which backs up the following:

User files from phone memory

User files from mass memory

Contacts

Calendar

Notes

Bookmarks

Settings - Phone model - specific backup.

As you back up your phone daily I would suggest you do the following:

On the phone dialer type *#7370#. You will need the security code, 12345 unless you have changed it. This will take your phone back to the state it was in when you took it out of the box.

After the above operation completes use your phone for a period of time to see if it works satisfactorily. If it does, reinstate your last update and see what happens.

Let us know how you go.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@aircadetgirl. Sorry for the above post as I did not read your previous posts correctly.

What i suggest you do is try the three finger method. Press the red, green and camera capture keys at the same time whilst pressing the power button. Keep all four buttons pressed until the nokia handshake screen appears. Just hope that works.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i cant do anything with it because it freezes on startup on the nokia screen. I was going to do a hard reset, and just wanted to know what ill lose. im really unsure what to do :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Unfortunately, I think you will have to bite the bullett and do the hard reset and then reinstall your latest backup if the phone works satisfactorily. You won't know what you will lose until you do it. It all depends on what has been backed up.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

i agree there

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor

how do i bring up the backed up things once ive done the hard reset..? as theyre only backed up on my phone

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

back them up on ovi suite
here is guide
http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CBoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Feurope.nokia.com%2Fsupp...

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i cant do that because my phone is freezing on startup

How do i recover my Backed up data when i hard reset my phone?

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Sorry I can not help there. I never backup to my phone as that is in my opinion a recipe for disaster. I always backup to my computer (PC Suite). Sorry.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Avinash_kn

I was using E71 , I switched to X6 hoping that it would be better :smileysad: I am also facing the freeze issue.I got a solution to it myself:

1> Remove battery for 15 minutes

2> Just plug your charger to the port without battery

3> Replace the battery and swithch it on

It works for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.