Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA (and other phones) must have this in acc...

Contributor

NOKIA (and other phones) must have this in account. About "Sim Access Profile" - SAP

[ Edited ]
There are nowadays many car models (Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes, ...) which has an optional feature that is the incorporated Bluetooth phone inside the car. This should be perfect and work as intended as long as this feature is included in many other cars (Renault, Volvo, Citroën, …)

The problem is that Volkswagen, for instance, and Mercedes, have an agreement with Nokia (which is member of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group, SIG) and they only make phones inside cars with the Bluetooth device that are compatible with the “Remote Sim Access Profile” or “Sim Access Profile” or “SAP” technology.

Now it´s even worse. The only phones which nowadays have this SAP Techonolgy are those from Nokia, and moreover, only a few Nokia models have it. Moreover, Nokia doesn´t talk anything about this techonology, and it is still not said when you are trying to buy a phone, even in the commercial stores of phones they don´t know anything about this SAP feature.

I´m at this moment looking for a car and I´m seeing the Volkswagen Passat. I´ve been told that Volkswagen includes this Bluetooth SAP feature, but the problem is that this Bluetooth feature only works with those phones that has this same feature. And the problem comes now, when I´m trying to find those phones which has “Sim Access Profile”. It seems that only some Nokia phones has this feature.

Now, After I have told my disagreement and my disappointment with Nokia and Volkswagen ideas about connectivity and compatibility with mobile phones I would need some help to find those models which at this moment includes SAP feature.

Which are all the phones which include “Sim Access Profile” feature ??
Are there any phones, apart from Nokia ones, which include this feature??

If it´s so important this feature, why it isn´t implemented in other phones from Motorola, Sharp, … ???

Need urgent and important help on this issue, because I´m going to buy the Volkswagen car in the next month and I want to be sure that there are some phones that meet these 2 requirements:

-The phone has the SAP feature to be compatible with the inside Bluetooth system of Volkswagen
-I must like the phone (there are some Nokia phones I don´t like, and there are other brand phones that I like them much, such as Motorola, Sharp, and so on…)

Please, answer, it´s very important I feel sure about spending my money in a inside-car phone system that may be compatible with some phone models I like.

Thanks to all!!

Sorry for my english.

Message Edited by ever17 on 24-Apr-200708:21 AM

Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

Re: NOKIA (and other phones) must have this in account. About "Sim Access Profile" - SAP

SAP is a great feature that has been around since days of 6230. I believe its there in all n series/e series as well as the communicators.If other manufactures dont have this feature,then its time they should...bad for them!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: NOKIA (and other phones) must have this in account. About "Sim Access Profile" - SAP

Well, the problem is not on Nokia phones, but on those car trademarks such as Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes,....

I know it, I know they should include the Bluetooth phone system, but not restricted to SAP phones, but all Bluetooth phones.

The problem in Nokia is that they create that SAP techonlogy and they got an agreement with those car models. And I like Sharp and Motorola mobiles and I won´t be able to use them with a new Volkswagen car.

So the solution should be:
1.- All new phones (Nokia, Sharp, Motorola, Siemens, ...) should include SAP feature in order to improve the Bluetooth communication system with devices
2.- Volkswagen, Mercedes, and those car trademarks should make their Phone system to include SAP feature for better use and extra features, but they also should make their Bluetooth system to work properly with any other bluetooth phone, having SAP or NOT.

Don´t you think so??

Apart from this, please answer my questions regarding the list of all Nokia and OTHER BRAND who support SAP feature.
Thank you
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

I agree with yo that the car manufacturers should have been more flexible with their options.
I believe SAP is part of Bluetooth SIG Profile specifications and is not something developed by Nokia.Though i am not aware of other brands supporting this,you can see the list of Nokia phones in the Find Products>Accessories>Browse categories>Car solutions>Car Kits> Nokia 616 on this website. You can view the compatibility chart for Nokia 616 which is SAP enabled and here you will find the entire list of Nokia's phones.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

But even Nokia themselves doesn´t take in account the SAP profile to announce it in the specifications of the phones they have in their web.
There is a huge problem with this issue. All mobile phones producers should include SAP profile in their phones, and announce it. And all car-phones and hands-free systems should also include this feature to make it more secure and to give the user much more options.
Please use plain text.