Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA messaging for social networks on C6

Contributor
plmosqueda

NOKIA messaging for social networks on C6

Any knows if NOKIA C6 can run the app NOKIA messaging for social networks??? i order one C6 from Amazon today and i want to know. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shanglw

I have to tell you a bad news..

NM(Nokia messaging) client can be installed on C6 and it can be run well for the first time. However, after reboot C6, the NM client will disappeared..

I mean, it seems that after reboot, the NM client is replaced by the built-in Pop3 client.

God damn NOKIA !

I'm foolished by NOKIA's ad for C6.

The ad, including text and pictures and video, says C6 supports Nokia messaging. (see it below or searching key words "NOKIA messaging" on page of the link):

Applications

• Email (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), MMS, SMS, unified editor
  • Viewing of email attachments - .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf
  • Calendar, Contacts, To-do, Notes, E-mail
  • Nokia Messaging
  • Social networking (Facebook, Hi5, MySpace)
  • Ovi Maps
  • Ovi Suite, Ovi Store, Ovi Share, Ovi Contacts
  • PC Applications: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Organizer, Lotus Notes

And here is another bad news: C6's built-in MailForExchange client is lame, too. See my post if you have interest.

Please use plain text.
enriedunan

so NM can't using on my c6...so any solution by nokia????????????

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Nokia Messaging for Social Networks is actually the "Communities", not the Email client now known as Nokia Email (formerly Nokia Messaging).

If you are using pop3, I am not sure if NM is compatible to it, as NM is developed closely with Ovi Mail and Ovi Mail currently still does not support pop3. You can use it as imap and set it to sync all day to have a similar "push email" experience. (actually its more of, "check all the time if I have to download an email for you" instead of push email).

The default mail app can handle pop3 though AFAIK.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shanglw

[ Edited ]

I don't see any words about "Nokia Messaging for Social Networks" or "formerly" on NOKIA official website . There is pure and clear two words, "NOKIA Messaging", in C6 page.

I know how to use POP3 and IMAP. They are simply email cilent, not service. NM is not only a email client, but also a pushmail service of NOKIA. With NM, you needn't to set up your multiple Email accounts one by one anymore, needn't to manually check them one by one anymore, and NM has a lot of convinience than those simply POP3 and IMAP email clients. If you used NM, you should be aware that.

And, I just found another unbearable issue about email on C6: the built-in MailForExchange client is lame. please see my post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@shanglw - your problem is that you hijacked a thread. The original poster was looking for Nokia Messaging for Social Networks, which appears on the phone as Nokia Communities, which also is a two in one facebook+twitter app. It is not the same Nokia Messaging you are looking for. SEE LINK
http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-messaging-for-social-networks-beta?SAMLart=AAQAAYU6%2FZbJFfjRP3...

(I still have a sis file for that though...^_^)

I am using NM although I am using Ovi Mail so its by default compatible. Although I was at first a bit confused, as I did not make my Mailbox through NM, as I was using the default messaging client before and had all my mailboxes set to imap. When I installed NM, they sort of carried over. Anyhow, are you installing NM on phone memory or card?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=15264.0

Here's a link with a video demo as to what Nokia Messaging for Social Networks is. Its very different from the Nokia Messaging you are looking for.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shanglw

[ Edited ]

I don't think that I've hijacked anything.

I think your're trying to shirk NOKIA's irresponsibility by some unconvincing excuse.

Among a beta site, a 3rd-part forum, and the NOKIA official webpage for C6, which one do you think to be the right choice for costumers to get right and accurate info of C6 ?

If not the two wegsites were arranged by you for here , I don't think most people here even knew them before.

Even google search engine points the "Nokia Messaging" to the official site of NM, not the beta site you claim to us.

Indeed, as I've said, on the NOKIA officia webpage for C6 introduction, there is pure "NOKIA Messaging"; there is NOT any words that you're trying to patch for it here. Not yet.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You hijacked a thread where the person is looking for NOKIA MESSAGING FOR SOCIAL NETWORKS, while you are looking for NOKIA MESSAGING.

What you simply refuse to understand that we are taking of two different apps here. Blame Nokia for the stupid naming, but still, this post was originally intended for one app, while you are complaining about another.

1. NOKIA MESSAGING FOR SOCIAL NETWORKS is a social networking app for facebook and twitter integration. If you would read the post of the person who created this thread, this is the NMSN he was looking for.

2. You are looking for NOKIA MESSAGING, an email app which allows for a "push-mail" service.

These are two different applications which you have seemed to be confused about.

In my first response, I was responding to the original poster, where I noted that Nokia Messaging for Social Networking is known also as Nokia Communities. Then I also mentioned that Nokia Messaging is more often known as Nokia Email. This is mostly due to the bad naming scheme of Nokia regarding these two very different applications. ALthough I have admitted confusion as to about the pop3.

For the Nokia Messaging on your part, NM is not a free service and you need an account for it. If you dont, it will not keep on working on your phone (I do not know if this has something to do with the disappearing part though). Some countries do have built in accounts on their phones upon purchase with Nokia Messaging inbuilt as a part of the firmware and cannot be erased(usually this had an added permium price), but the retailers usually dont mention this or even know about which phones have it inbuilt, so you dont really know which c6, n97, 5800 or whatever has an NM account paid for in its IMEI. If you do not have a paid account, NM will not work for more than the trial period.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shanglw

[ Edited ]

As I've said, the officia website is the right way for users to get info about certain product.

If you give a look at official C6 webpage, you should find that 'NOKIA Messaging' and 'Social networking (Facebook, Hi5, MySpace)' are placed separately as two individual item, with the other 6 items.

Applications

• Email (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), MMS, SMS, unified editor
  • Viewing of email attachments - .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf
  • Calendar, Contacts, To-do, Notes, E-mail
  • Nokia Messaging
  • Social networking (Facebook, Hi5, MySpace)
  • Ovi Maps
  • Ovi Suite, Ovi Store, Ovi Share, Ovi Contacts
  • PC Applications: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Organizer, Lotus Notes

So, maybe you think that you're right only because you comprehend equally with the poster of this thread about subject 'NOKIA Messaging and Social networking'. I don't care.

I insist to comprehand 'NOKIA Messaging and Social networking' as two individual things, because the official webpage of C6 claims clearly that as above; because they are practically two individual things when you practically experience them on C6, if you did.

Of course I have a NM account, and it works fine on my nokia 5230, a earlier model than C6, till now. So, the problem is C6, nothing else. And the reason I believe C6 supporting NM is its webpage says so, its ads say so.

Moreover, you really think that a manufacturer would take the way that forbidden user installing or useing client software, than the way that disconnect user's connection to their server after a promption of top-up fee ? Come on, honestly, it's purely C6's lameness.

Product has purely lameness is hard to prevent. However, its ads exactly covers the lameness, that is unacceptable.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

[ Edited ]

I am not insisting on anything apart from the fact that this post was intended for something entirely different from what you wanted. What I am saying is that you are complaining about something entirely different from what the original poster is complaining about.

If you would let me call things differently, I would call "Nokia Messaging for Social Networking" as Nokia Communities, and "Nokia Messaging" as Nokia Email.

1. The original poster was referring to Nokia Communities to which I responded correctly that the particular app he is looking for is currently also known by that name. In all due respect, because of your misunderstanding of the naming scheme, you gave the person wrong advice since the Nokia Communities app should work on any s60v5 device.

2. Your issue regarding the Nokia Email app appears to be more of a registry issue on your phone itself, as you are the only user on multiple boards that I have seen to complain of this. I would like to know if only the icon disappears, or does the installation log in the app manager also disappears. It may have been an issue with your current software where the NM icon disappears but is still registered as installed. If it disappears as well, what methods have you tried to install Email? Ovi Suite? SW updater?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shanglw

why you still think the truth is that I misunderstanded you, not you all misunderstand NOKIA naming scheme on C6?

I've declared that it is not only the problem of naming scheme, but also the fact is they are PRACTICALLY seperate and different 2 things on C6.

Once more, I would like answer the original poster, that his question practically contains two different things, and at least one of them is lame.

About NM, I successfully use it on my E71( be stolen later ) and 5230 till now, so I'm not a rookie about it. I stated the problem detailedly in my first post in this thread:

The client of NM can be installed on C6 and it can be run well for the first time. However, after reboot C6, not only the the NM client icon disappeared, but also the NM client is practically replaced by the built-in Pop3 client.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

1. No, the original poster only asked for one thing, not two things. He asked for "Nokia Messaging for Social Networks", which is not two different things but one single app. That you are insisting on this as two different things is beyond me. Nokia Messaging is for Emails. Nokia Messaging for Social Networks is for Social Networking. Two different things.

2. I know you use it before. Couldnt you just answer the question if the NM disappears from then installation log or not? This would help us determine the whether the problem is a registry issue. Besides, couldnt you just return it to where you bought it and demand for a replacement?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
plmosqueda

thanks to all. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
blueeagle69

I believe there is a way around this (unoficially).

If your phone is under warranty though then don't do it.

It worked for me though :smileyhappy:

Go here.

http://mobilecorner.funkruti.com/2010/11/solution-nokia-messaging-in-c6-based.html

(But I didn't tell you).

Please use plain text.