Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NSeries Bluetooth Problems

NSeries Bluetooth Problems

I'm facing a lot of problems with my NSeries mobiles that i'm unable to solve and i'll be glad if someone can help. All the problems are about bluetooth connecting and disconnecting by itself or not connecting at all until i reboot, o phone hanging at all. My other bluetooth devices are a headset, a netbook, two PC's and my car's bluetooth (blue & me).

At first i replaced my old N73 mobile (which i used without problems for more than two years), with a N78. That new mobile had a lot of problems connecting with my Bluetooth HeadSet (Sony Ericsson HBH-IV835). I thought that my headset grew old (i sold the N73 so i couldn't check with my old mobile phone), so i replaced my SE headset with a new one - exactly the same model - but all problems remained unchanged. I thought that there is an incombatibility due to my headset being a little old (it was a four years old model), so i rushed out and bought the latest version - the HBH-IV840... Still my problems remained and i thought that this is propably a problem of my Nokia mobile phone. So, i send the phone to Nokia Service (three times) but they always send the phone back with no problem detected (last time the problem happened in front of the man that received the phone at Nokia Service).

After that i switched mobile provider and i bought two new Nokia N85 phones to connect to my new provider. My new phones had exactly the same problems as the previous N78 - bluetooth disconnections and phone hangs.  All the NSeries mobile phones (one N78 and two N85 are almost unable to communicate properly with my car's bluetooth which i recently upgraded to the latest firmware version. My car's bluetooth worked perfectly with all other non NSeries phones that i connected it (LG, Samsung Omnia, iPhone etc.)

During the above i tried all latest firmware for my NSeries mobiles but the bluetooth problems were always there - some time happened more frequently, other times they weren't but it never worked as expected. All my mobiles phones, were send to local Nokia Service for testing and they always returned without any changes. All my mobile phones were upgraded to the latest firmware version when one was available to install.

So my conlusion, after a lot of money spend and hours and hours of problems, is that the bluetooth service on all NSeries mobiles is not working as expected - especially when you want to connect your mobile phone with non-nokia devices. If this is true (which according to my experience IT IS), then this is a shame for a mobile phone manufacturer such as Nokia. I was always a Nokia fan and (as you can understand) i always bought mobile phones. After all the trouble above and if i am unable to find a solution, i don't think i will buy a Nokia phone ever again... 

Please use plain text.

After talking with people concerning my problems, it seems that they only appear on latest phone models running Symbian OS V3 FP2. Is there anyone with similar phone models able to check bluetooth connections and tell me?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Don't know but I have the same annoying issue with my N78. I believe this is something Nokia needs to pay more attention to.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have an N97 and Nokia's newest top of the line bluetooth headset. However I need to go in to the bluetooth menu and mannualy connect to the audio deveice EVERY SINGLE TIME i get in my car.

So F it, today I am returning my N97 for a full refund and buying a HTC hero. I hope it works better.

Replaced my buggy Nokia N97 with a HTC Hero.
Besides the camera and the real keyboard the HTC Hero pawned the N97 on every level.
Please use plain text.

steeng wrote:
Don't know but I have the same annoying issue with my N78. I believe this is something Nokia needs to pay more attention to.

What devices do you connect you N78 to?

Don't expect Nokia to pay attention... I have this exact problem for almost a year now and i installed a number of firmware updates without any luck...

Please use plain text.

koldtoft wrote:

I have an N97 and Nokia's newest top of the line bluetooth headset. However I need to go in to the bluetooth menu and mannualy connect to the audio deveice EVERY SINGLE TIME i get in my car.

So F it, today I am returning my N97 for a full refund and buying a HTC hero. I hope it works better.

You are lucky you can return it... do it ASAP... and don't buy a Nokia phone evere again... That's what i'm going to do at least...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

koldtoft wrote:

Have you set the Headset as "Authorised" in the bluetooth menu?

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I connect to my laptop (IBM X31) and I have an idea what goes wrong in this case. My guess is that the driver is lost from Windows for one reason or another so somehow the two units at the same time believe they are connected and that they are disconnected. Sometimes the Nokia Suite tells me to connect the phone but the right arrow stays inactive, other times it tells me to disconnect the phone and this button is active but I always get the message that this is impossible. So some button to reset and reload the bluetooth stuff may possible be a solution as long as the units just can't stay connected.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I just took the time to play around with the different processes and I have found at way to restart the connection via bluetooth. Restart this proces: ...\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe . I did it from ProcessExplorer (sysinternals.com - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx ) it is easy to find the right proces if you sort by company name.
Please use plain text.