Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New Phone need some help

Registered Member
Bazzi313

New Phone need some help

I Just purchased a N8, and i was wondering, how do i delete new folders and rename them, and how can i check how much internet usage i have left, ty

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
conti1888

to delete or rename push your finger on the folder name for about two seconds and the option will come up. to see bandwith used goto apps/tools/data counter

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

You mean the new folders you created? I don't think you can delete them if there stuff in there, try moving them to other folders and then while in organized mode hold on the folder till the pop up menu shows up then you should see the option delete, but the folders need to be empty.

As for the data, well there are some 3rd party apps, I have yet to see one that works great but one thing I can suggest is:

menu-applications-tools-log-data counter then you'll see the sent data and received data but it only hold up worth 30 days. Hope that helps.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
conti1888

usually ur sim provider can tell you net time left.to properly delete folders you can enable the phone as usb mass storage in settings then connect to pc to view your files as if it was a flash drive.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
conti1888

kman u can delete files you have made by using file mng in applications/office.
Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

your right but for some reason i thought he meant the folders you make on the menu screen, you know.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.