Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New firmware for Nokia C7-00

Contributor
Pinifarina

New firmware for Nokia C7-00

After a quick search around, i get completely lost about the right and safe firmware for this phone.

There are some issues ready to be fixed, so im guessing nokia is working on that. Having that said, i see to many firmwares, to many versions, to many sources, absolutely no oficial news on that.

Using the phone itself, there are no new updates.....

Mine:

Edition: PR1.0

Soft Version: 012.003

Version Date: 2010-09-19

Personalised Version: 012.003.262.02

Personalised Version Date: 2010-10-08

Language Set: 012.003.11.01

Product ID: 059D9Q6

Model: C7-00

Type: RM-675

Last Update: No updates

Browser Version: 7.2

Flash Version: 4.0

Java Version: 2.1

3 questions:

a) Is this the latest firmware?

b) There are some unoficial notices about a 012.004 version. How can i know if its reliable?

c) Where can i look for new firmware without using my phone to search it?

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Re: New firmware for Nokia C7-00

You can search for new updates here.

Just insert your product code, the one on the label under the battery, and you will know which is the last version for your phone.

In the "News" tab you can see the content of the update if there is one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pinifarina

Thanks steceso,

Allready seen that page. Like i said, no oficial notices for new firmware for C7...

Actualy, even i dont input my product code, when i select the phone, immediately i get: There are no software updates available for this product yet

So, i understand  there is zero releases for this phone, since its exists....

Hope im wrong.

Paid big money for a phone who doesnt identify the sms sender.....

Really frustrating....

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

This is a quite new model, so you must give them time to detect and correct all the errors that users find.

It usually takes some time to get a new firmware, but after it comes, the phone becomes more reliable.

Moreover, I think they want to do great things with Symbian^3 (one for all, they are developing a completely new browser), so give them some time and you will get an update that will make your phone a whole new experience!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pinifarina

Totally agree.
I saw huge potencial on this one.

Well, i guess i'll have to wait.

Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ovidius

This is why, though I was disappointed, I haven't sell it yet. I'm waiting for the goodies. Hopefully somebody reads us out there...

Please use plain text.