Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New firmware for nokia e72-1

[ Edited ]
When will the NEW firmware update available for nokia e72 ?
Message Edited by diroylala on 03-Dec-2009 08:49 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: New firmware for nokia e72-1

The E72 is just released a couple of weeks ago, so.....I think you have to wait a while.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Firmwares should be released based on the *need* for new versions, not based on how long it has been since the last version.

Based on the posts here regarding some bugs, especially the problems with BT headsets, there is a real need for a new FW version. I really hope Nokia is working on one as we speak and that they will offer this to us very soon rather than make us "wait a while".

We have not paid premium price for a phone for it to have serious bugs, which is why it annoys me so much when Nokia denies the problem with BT headsets and the E72, instead of admitting it and say that they are working on it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i waited for this phone for 4 months, and bought it the day it was launched, i being the first buyer at the local store nearby.

i was shocked to dicover that this phone, built on theme of email and connectivity does not support PAN stack on Bluetooth.

And its only god knows, how will somebody use Digital home support because this is not described anywhere.

i thought of using my home internet over bluetooth PAN because wi-fi consumes a lot of power. Can such a support be added through firmware upgradation ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Another issue worries me, the GPRS is Class A but the packet data connection goes on hold when i get a call.

Is this also a bug in the current firmware ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi,

here are some of the features I would personally like to be in the next update of the firmware.

- Accelerometer rotate in viewing pictures and menus

- Internet Radio

- Podcasting

thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm also facing lot of disturbance when the space bar hangs and some times the phone hangs as it is

can nokia fix it or replace the device

my first nokia business phone which is very disappointing (i used sony before and it was very good) and i just changed for e72.very disturbed

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i think this phone also need a better email client and personalised settings, everytime i wanna see an email in HTML i have to wait 'forever' for email to load.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

I am a previous owner of an E71, upgraded to the E72.

If the E71 is anything to go by,

The E72 needs to use the same e-mail client the E71 got (Nokia messaging version on e71 is impressively smooth in comparison)

The E72 Firmware needs alot of bug tweaks, which i am sure will come, if the E71 is anything to go buy, most of the operational issues i had with my device were solved with the first firmware update i did.

The optical navi key, is very nice, but hopefully we can get more flexible setting for it's sensitivity, like i consider the key could have a sensitivity meter on a points.  max sensitivity as is feels like 3 out of 10.   I would love to get the option of moving that up to 10 and then dropping it as i feel is necessary, because sometimes it feels purely pointless.

The Built-in software hopefully gets fixed, such as nokia chat actually working on the E72 would be interesting (though i am a nimbuzz user) Oh and Advanced Call manager was a nice bundled software on the E71, quite a shame the E72 doesn't get it, though not a deal breaker, it was a nice addition.

I am sure there are many other annoyances, but these feel like the most important issues for a previous E71 user. I am actually considering switching back to my E71 just because of how reliable the e-mail was on it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Beagslife

Hi,

Regarding a firmward update I would like to see PPTP added to the Nokia VPN application. Presently, it appears to only support IPSEC.

Advanced Call Manager or a similar application would be a great addition for a business phone (ala E71).

I'd also like to see it become possible to access e-mail over wifi as an option. Mujin, was this possible with the previous Nokia messaging version for E71?

Looking forward to the update.

Thanks,

Michael

Please use plain text.

Completely agree. :smileymad:Nokia must act NOW, else all the goodwill earned through E71 & E63 will be lost. Completely frustrating with all the bugs , add to the issues galore, non of the 3rd party Navigation software works well ( Garmin, Sygic, and sometimes  even Ovi Maps).

Pray for an update early.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

totally agree... hopefully they accelerate releasing the firmware. duh :manmad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

hello,  future owner of e72 serie, and see some post problem about it. but my question is :

do you send email to nokia for all problems you have, or just put it on this forum ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi

I would personnaly like to see a feature added to allow a user to set the right side button (between volume keys) to lock/unlock the keyboard. It would greatly increast the comfort of use in MP3 Player mode by adding a quick lock/unlock feature. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

this is still an option, and it available in both versions, I actually remember fiddling around with the settings of my e72 to take it off my wifi networks, so it would use my gprs.

You need to do the following:
Open your e-mail > Settings> Select your Mailbox here > Account Settings > Account Information> at the bottom here you will find that setting to choose the default access point.

Good luck. 

Beagslife wrote:

I'd also like to see it become possible to access e-mail over wifi as an option. Mujin, was this possible with the previous Nokia messaging version for E71?

Looking forward to the update.

Thanks,

Michael

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello, i need some help please. I've purchased an E72 and i'm trying to synchonize my Microsoft Office Outlook Contacs with my mobile. The problem is that i can't sort them on my mobile like on Microsoft Office Outlook. I have much fewer options of sorting.  Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Beagslife

Thanks Mujin,

I have the email working fine over wifi now, apart from the problem discussed in the post below. Hopefully this may be addressed in a firmware update at some point.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=55138

Michael

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anan5002

Hi,

im looking for this v22.007 version firmware but its not available when i check in Ovi Suite / PC suite. What happen to this firmware? My current firmware as per my singnature....

Regards,
Anandharaj
www.raj2u.net :: E72-1 | RM-530 | 023.007
Please use plain text.

I hope they have taken it offline because it's full of errors, mine worked fine on the FW you you have but i updated to 22.007 and since then the music player skips numbers and refuses to play numbers stored in aac (m4a) with 258 Kbps and 44 khz sampling  
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi...

Nokia E72 has most unstable software I've ever met. It restarts the phone if you work with aplications almost every 10-15 minutes, depends on what you do, media player doesn't play movies sometimes (black screen), gps aplications may unexpectly close such as any other aplications. I barely understand how such company as Nokia can release to the market so useles device. Only one thing is working goodin E72, it's a flashlight...  :smileyindifferent:

Nokia, please comment the issue!

YesTrailers.com is your guide to the charming world of Hollywood and world movies. On Yes Trailers you will find an ultimate and absolutely free collection of latest movie trailers for most current and upcoming releases http://yestrailers.com
Please use plain text.