Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 File Saving Issue

Rupesh_KP
Accepted Solution

Nokia 500 File Saving Issue

I have nokia 500 whose I recently upgraded to belle.

After the upgrade the files are not saved at desired location.

I have set the files to be saved in external memory.
Earlier sound recording were saved in Sounds folder,
Images in Images folder and recorded videos in Videos folder.

But now all files of images, sounds, videos are saved in folder "DCIM\100NOKIA".

How to get rid of this issue and get the files to be saved in their respective folders?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

the behaviour was changed in Nokia Belle to default the saving location to DCIM rather than their previous settings of Images / Videos etc as you have stated. This is deliberate and is designed to mirror the saving behaviour of digital cameras which also save to the DCIM folder etc. you can't change this and nothing can be done about it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Rupesh_KP

Thanks for the reply and clarification.

Anyway this feature is very troublesome and inconvenient as compared to samsung mobile phones which are becoming more and more comfortable to use unlike nokia phones which are degrading with every new release and which may be the reason of its decreasing shares in mobile market.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

you're most welcome.

everyone has and is entitled to their opinion, after all Nokia is now focussing on their Asha lineup and Lumia Windows Phone range, so the focus is no longer on Symbian as it is now in maintenance mode. i personally don't mind the change, but everyone has a preference. Most importantly to me, is that the phone does what it is stated to do.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.