Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 Problem

bobvns
Accepted Solution

Nokia 500 Problem

[ Edited ]

I have a problem with my Nokia 500, at first it used to hang alot & then restart on it own. then when i'm picking up calls, it disconnects the calls and the only way to talk to people is for me to call them that way it won't cut my calls short. and now when i'm trying to switch it on. it loads the application then switch off completely even when the battery is full. i have to remove the battery for the application to run again but each time is the same...and now i can't even flash it cause when i connect my phone to my pc it identifies my phone even when its closed......any help please.i will be gratefull

Moderator's notes: Unauthorised software mention removed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Have you update your phone to Nokia Belle? This update brings major improvement on your phone. You can only update your phone to Belle by update it with Nokia Suite through your PC.
In case you wondered, the update takes about 15 to 30 minutes.

Or, if you prefer to use Symbian Anna, you can update your phone through S.W Update application or *#0000# on your dialler and choose 'Check For Updates'.

Tell me if this helps you.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
bobvns

Thanks for your response. I updated it to Nokia Belle when it used to hung and restart, and it helped then.The problem that i have now with my Nokia 500 is when i try to switch it on, it vibrates normal then Five dots appear on the screen to highlight that is loading, it loads like three or four times then switch off completely without displaying the Nokia welcome screen. I have even tried it while charging but its still the same results. What could be the problem? cause i think it might be dead or the software is crushed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

I think you may have your to reinstall your software in Nokia Suite. This could be the software issue.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
DeepakVishwnath

My dear friend, 

I also faced this problem ( the phone hangs and restarts ) on my nokia 500, but it is reduced many times when I switched to belle from Anna. And for your second problem I thing you should contact Nokia care. I hope your phone is under warranty.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
archer29

i also have a problem with nokia 500, since last month the phone restarts itself like twice or thrice a week and now the phone clicks/navigates itself.. belle is already updated.. can't use it anymore. i even reformat/reset the phone but the i stil have the same problem.. please help me.. thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Madmax_5268

When i call sum1 and end call the cell hanged.. There is no resonse when any button pressed..
It happenes a lot :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slick12

I've got a similar problem with my 500. Crashes on a regular basis, video doesn't work and often gives the out of memory error.

It's still useable... but it seriously detracts from the enjoyment.

These are obviously software errors... which Nokia should fix.

:-)
The butterfly effect
Please use plain text.
jithenderkr

hii friend im also using nokia 500 and facing a problem. it is displaying when i switched it on without sim(offline mode). but when i insert sim it is not working just for few seconds it is switching on and again getting restarted. the process is going on for 3 times and it is completely switched off. please help me out from this.

Please use plain text.
Amandeep99

I think that your phone has a problem this time..!!!!
Please use plain text.
Amandeep99

Kindly get it checked at the nearest nokia care...!!!!
Please use plain text.
ryruz

same problem in my nokia 500, restarting all the time, 3 months later when iwas buy this phone..

help me please on how to fix?

Please use plain text.
mohdzubair21

[ Edited ]

hi friend. i bought nokia 500 before 1  year. i updated to belle also. now since 2 month i m facing a big problem as message sending failed. i replaced my sim also but problem not solved.  i tried 4 other sim but nothing working. shuold anybody tell me how can i solve this problem.

bobvns wrote:

I have a problem with my Nokia 500, at first it used to hang alot & then restart on it own. then when i'm picking up calls, it disconnects the calls and the only way to talk to people is for me to call them that way it won't cut my calls short. and now when i'm trying to switch it on. it loads the application then switch off completely even when the battery is full. i have to remove the battery for the application to run again but each time is the same...and now i can't even flash it cause when i connect my phone to my pc it identifies my phone even when its closed......any help please.i will be gratefull

Moderator's notes: Unauthorised software mention removed.

Moderator's Note: We edited your post and removed multiple quotes. Quoting once is enough for the community to recognize your message.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aplusk

Now a days peoples buy used cell phone online or via their friends, you should check that phone you are using is purchased in your country or not bcoz if it was purchased from another country and then you updated its os version like from anna to belle via nokia suite. It will install your own country product instead of a country product where its purchased from and as a result it will hang, restart and wont behave properly.

well, in this case first call nokia helpline and give them imei no. and they will tell you which country it was purchased from. now based on that country you find its product code to download firmware files and install in your phone or nokia care centre can do it too.

To check your nokia mobile product code dial *#0000#

Thanks !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srkreddys

Dear Nokia,

I Love NOKIA brand. For 10 years I have been using NOKIA phones regulary for me and for my family. I would like to use NOKIA phones only going forwards also.

I promote NOKIA brand for my friends and near by folks also by giving the guarenty on its quality of product and services as well.

Now, I am facing issue with my Nokia 500 modeled phone.

But this time I had bitter experience with my most loving NOKIA brand's Nokia-500 model phone service.

Issue is: First time phone was switched off by itself in the middle of music play. Then I tried to switched it on but it just switched on and in few seconds only it got switched off again. Then I tried by readjusting the SIM card, Battery but the same issue was retained.

If I switch it on without sim card then it gets on, but not with sim card. Somehow it could switches on with sim and also with offline mode.

Dear team i looking for the resolution of this issue. Could someone please assist on this issue to resolve the same at the earliest.

Thanks&Regards,

SRK Reddy.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GChethan

[ Edited ]

I think Nokia has to make a survey of how many nokia 500 phones are working properly right now. Its really painful to say that after paying Rs10000 , we have a junk mobile within a year or two.  I am a regular customer of Nokia mobiles. Now I have to think of other company's mobile phones.

Please use plain text.