Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 freezing issues

URoulon

Nokia 500 - Stability problems

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

I need your help because, I have a Nokia 500 until a week and sometimes the screen becomes black and the smartphone restarts. Why is this problem ? Will it be solved by upgrading it to Symbian Belle (in a month, I think) ?

Can you help me ? Is there a solution because it's very embarrassing.

Thanks all,

URoulon

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xtzingle1

Re: Nokia 500 - Stability problems

Hey Mate I've also same problem. Did you get any idea about solving a problem. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Please install the latest sw update 011.033 when it becomes available for your device, it contains some stability improvements.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
NightFire7997

Well the problem of the screen fading away into darkness and the phone restarting is gone(AFTER UPDATING TO 011.033) but now a new problem has come up ,the phone just freezes drop dead and does not respond
please nokia be quick to resolve this problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rachitn500

same problem screen goes blank.

a line occurs and screen goes blank.

how can i update?

first time i am ashamed by purchasing nokia out of my 4 nokia devices.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

You can update your phone sw via the SW Update menu in  your phone or via Nokia Suite (connect your phone via USB to PC running Nokia Suite). Please note that the new 011.033 version may not yet been available for all phone variants, the updates are getting gradually available for more variants.

Please use plain text.
rk_avanigadda

Nokia 500, Wrong information given by Nokia about its processor. It is of 192Mhz. not 1Ghz.

Why Nokia bluffing to people that Nokia 500 is of 1GHz fast processor?, I observed through various apps that the processor is of 192Mhz.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Re: Nokia 500, Wrong information given by Nokia about its processor. It is of 192Mhz. not 1Ghz.

Nokia 500 specs can be found at http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/500/ (CPU clock rate 1.0GHz).

NightFire7997, if your phone freezes after PR1.1 update, try to check if it happens consistently and if it occurs e.g. when using a certain application or when there's many applications running at the same time in the background. Try closing the apps if you have a lot of other background activity.

Please use plain text.
Merllinn

Nokia 500 freezing issues

NightFire7997 is right about not restarting, but freezing after restart. In last 3 days my Nokia 500 freezes more than 3 times and all i was able to do was remove the battery and don't believe my phone likes it.

To your question pj98...last time it happens there was application in background and phone freeze after regular incomming call. The call ends and the phone too. In other cases the phone freezes without any big load, one time it was just when i have it in pocket and when wanted to do something i realised it is freezed.

I also mentioned that sometimes phone gets to state when i am not able to unlock it. It opens page for unlocking but do not react to button tap. usually it helps to continually loak and unlock it until unlock button react.

Do your developpers focus on fixing these issues or rather on developing upgrade to Belle?

Please use plain text.
Merllinn

[ Edited ]

Right now i woke up phone from stand-by mode and wanted to call and my nokia500 freezes right after i get into the contact list (when i wanted to scroll list by dragging the names). No other application was in background, nothing else the phone needs to do.

I was able to switch to another application so i did quit to home view. Tried to close the application from open app manager but it did not close. I can't even torn phone off.

After onger time contact list ended (few minutes).

When i try to open it again i got same issue and still can't turn off the phone.

Please use plain text.
iipper

try to check if it happens consistently and if it occurs.

Please use plain text.
Merllinn

Another freeze. Just woke up phone from standby and want to check widgets on homepage and phone freezes in the middle of refresh.

Again cot possible to turn it off, red button has no reaction.

Sad thing is that when phone comes to this state (it is probably not only about freezing) i am not able to receive call or message, all messages did come after i restart phone by removing battery.

Please use plain text.
Chris85

[ Edited ]

I'm also having the same issue after i updated. Phone keeps freezing randomly, i can still move around some of the menus but i can't shut it down and the main screen isn't available anymore.

Really, really annoying. Is there any fix for this or do i have to take it in for warranty? I've never had such a horrible experience with a nokia product before. It's unusable. Not to mention the fact that taking the backside off is troublesome and besides i have to reset it via removing battery every single time and i don't think that's a good thing.

Edit : great last answer was on 05 dec. Looking promising so far.

Please use plain text.
Chris85

It's running 011.033 just checked. So it is indeed the version that makes the phone freeze instead of at least being able to reboot it without removing the battery.

I hope i can get a refund on this pos.

Please use plain text.
Merllinn

Just as Chris85 wrote, when phone did only restart and continue in work it was much less annoying than this state.

I am not sure if there is some special thred to discuss this update but after it i also realize that timed profiles are broken. I can define timed profile but after it ends, phone do not return to previous profile (as before update) but remains in profile that should end. Also very annoying, profile timing became completelly unusable.

I wonder if any Nokia developer at least read it, because this would really deresves update with fixes.

Please use plain text.
umair769

Re: Nokia 500

nokia care center I have to ask some questions from u can u plz give us the answers...

I buy nokia 500.... 1 month ago... Every day this phone restart automatically 3 to 4 time... Its a big problem which i see in nokia cell first time... can i know what the reasion behind this problem... and why u dont going tu sove this problem after reading the many peoples;s comments which all including this problem... tell us what we do with this restarting mobile how can we solve this problem tell us

and 2nd question is .. in which month belle update will be available for nokia 500

plz give us ans as soon as posible

Please use plain text.
Contributor
macarsenal

HEY PJ98 WE ALREADY UPDATED IT IN 011.33 BUT STILL IT KEEPS RESTARTING ATLEAST TWICE A DAY .PJ98 YOUU KNOW THAT THIS NOKIA500 ARE FULL oF BUGS! So FIX this .. Give us an update!!
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Thanks for the feedback, the issues are currently under investigation. The recommendation is to install all sw updates that are available for the phone, currently the latest version is 011.033.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamsushant

yeah lots of users are having the restarting problem so please deal with it asap
Please use plain text.
Advisor
solarfre

Glad to know that the issues are under investigation. I'm a nokia 500 user so I would like to point out some improvements for the future software update.

Current software is 11.033, It is a huge improvement. Definitely the phone is more stable and the speed has improved as well.

One thing that I would like to point out is that we are still experiencing "freezing" problems. This happens when we lock the phone.Every once in awhile, when we try to unlock the phone by pressing the call key or lock key, the phone freezes and would not respond anymore. Making us, the users, remove the back cover and battery to restart the phone. I think this is the issue that really hampens the user experience.

Another one is the lag that the phone is experiencing specifically in swiping to view other homescreens and in general. A friend of mine has the E7 which has a slower processor but I observed that the E7 runs much smoother and fluid compared to the Nokia 500 despite having a 1ghz processor. Please also improve on that as well.

The last issue that I have encountered with the phone is about the wifi connection issue. Even when we turn the wlan scanning off, the phone still searches for wlan and pops up a notification every second. This really slows down the phone and happens for like 10 minutes. Again, another issue that needs to be addressed.

All in all, the 11.033 SW update is a huge improvement over the past versions. Phone is more stable and is finally usable plus the camera memory full problem is gone.. Please work on the issues stated above so that you guys won't encounter the complaints by the consumers anymore. Appreciate the efforts being done by the software team to improve on the experience.

Hope I was able to aid the team in identifying the issues being encountered by us Nokia 500 users.

Cheers! Happy holidays everyone!

Please use plain text.