Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 - Touch screen problem or dead?

Kyuisa

Nokia 500 - Touch screen problem or dead?

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm a semi fresh owner of a Nokia 500 and quite new to touch screen phones.  I recently found out that after being a few days face down on a pillow my phone is completely unresponsive. First I hoped that it had simply run out of batteries, but recharging it didn't help. Is being againts soft materials for long time harmful to this kind of phones, or is it something else entirely? Is there something I could do, or do I just march to a nearest care center?

Moderator's note: profanities removed. 

Please use plain text.
Kyuisa

[ Edited ]

I have no idea why it says bleep, when I clearly wrote af.ter and even went back to correct it. o.o

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi Kyuisa,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. If it doesn't respond to charging or only shows a white screen, then visit a local Care centre where the phone can be repaired. They will also be able to tell you what caused this to happen.

It can't hurt to put your phone on a pillow or another soft material, as long the phone is not put into contact with water when doing so.

Let me know how you get on.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
shyambo

sir i got my nokia 500 last year..the expiry date of warranty is 28th october 2012.. last week my phone restarted several times and got dead after sometime so i had visited nokia care center... it was found that on screen there were 2-3 drops of water.. and care center replied me that there is no recovery option... so i returned back to home and kept my nokia 500 aside for a night without battery... next day my phone started but my phone's touch was dead... sir is there any option for recovering my phone touch?? sir plz do reply...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi shyambo,

Welcome to Nokia Discussions.

I can't guarantee your phone can get fixed as this depends on the damage that has been caused to the device. If it's possible to repair the phone however it can be sent for repair, but you'll have to pay for it yourself as water damage is not covered under warranty.

Please visit the Care Point you've been to (or any other Care Point near you) where your device can get checked. If it's still possible to repair the device, they can also give you an indication of what the costs for repair will most likely be. Have a look at your nearest Nokia Care Point here.

Hope this helps.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Hidan

Yeah, capacitive touch screen phones are very sensible. Nokia N8 and C6 are the most common case in Nokia that can be founded affected due to even the slightest prescence of moisture inside the panel. They'll get your display screen or the entire panel replaced. If it's in warranty then it'll be free but if its out of warranty date then you'll have to pay for the replacements.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hrishi23

I bought a Nokia 500

The touchscreen does not respond and I can't even "unlock" my phone, which makes it completely unusable.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Backup important data and visit your nearest Nokia care with proof of purchase.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raj500

Nokia 500 - Touch screen problem

I purchased Two sets of Nokia 500 in July 2012 both set had the problem of touch screen.

first set got problem in Jan'13. I got it repaired by myself.

Second set got problem just few days back,  i sent it to Nokia care it was repaired there and service personnel asked for the extension of warranty which i did, now when i got the set back it was working.

when i inserted sim and memory card it is not working. I think i need to send it back,

I have around Six Nokia phones.

This is first time i am having problem with Nokia sets that too so much can't say how it happened.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jmad

had the same problem.last summer 2013 i encountered this problem that the touchscreen doesn't respond to anything.its like there's something controlling my phone.my warranty was not yet expired that time so i went to nokia center and have it checked.they say its touchscreen malfunction and they repaired it.then this july, again im facing same problem and my warranty is already expired.im thinking to have it again check by nokia but im afraid that i'll still again encounter same problem and spend a lot for the repair.

Please use plain text.