Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 problem

DannyA4

there another problem when you refresh list in the music player, after completion its doesn't work anymore. 

Please use plain text.
matrixln16

is the nw update of it can fix games too or what?
Please use plain text.
matrixln16

plz anyone tell me
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

Hay to all...

I am new user of 500 and it's fast , it's beautiful until it restart in the middle of writing, or browsing. :-(

And yes, I tried updating software, restarting, factory settings etc...

Main question is: DOES ANYONE READ THESE THING, FROM THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE ABLE TO FIKS THE PROBLEM???

blitzkid wrote:
Has anyone tried a hard reset and a firmware reinstall?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I guess that answers my question... Now I guess the belle update is the only solution to all your problems and I do hope that it does solve your issues. Or else this will be one of the most problematic handsets Nokia has released in recent times considering that it is not far from achieving that dubious distinction. Nokia, are you there?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Perhaps some people have old/bad sim cards here, need to be changed.

I also think accordingly to earlier marks and similar solutions for people can be to delete all old sms/gprs/wap settings from the operator and reinstall settings from the operator/carrier manually or automatically by sms.

Check your carriers web site.

Worth a check out, I think.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I guess it is worth a try... After having tried pm many solutions, this can't hurt. I'd recommend a sim card change before just to see it's not because of old card. And reset the internet settings to check rule it out as a cause for the problem.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
rohithrnair1234

i have the same problem....nokia do something...i have been a nokia user for more than 5 years..my nokia 6670 had much reliability and build quality than this one.don't compel us to go to consumer court.,
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like this phone, but in it's speed and options.

But like it's not Nokia. It restarts even when I changed a Simi card.

One other thing, has anyone had a problem like this? Sometimes, when I want

to use a camera it says, memory full, close some of app... But everything is closed.

And there is also that it's not included in apps like belle, or quickoffice etc.

Many of apps it says it's not supported on your device...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JTapader

i use opera..but the problem remains...but,in opera the frequency is less than the normal browsser of the cell.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JTapader

Yeah...i'm facing the same problem..my camera is also sometimes not starting even there is a huge space in the phone.

and my phone is restarting frequently...when i'm using the internet it is happening more and more..even sometimes when i'm not using the net it is restarting with a fade effect.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

Yes...

I just hope that they will make some improvement in this case... All NOKIA 500 seems to have a problem... :-(

So let's make a list?

1. Restarting with no obvious reason,

2. Doesn't want to open camera sometimes, again with no reason and

3. There are many apps in store that are not supported for this phone... :-(

I hope that there is no more...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

Fahad_Mushtaq wrote:

Lolled, i am also a nokia 500 user, and first i'll tell u the problems ive faced,

1. Low memory error on camera opening.

2. Set gets crashed often whenever i use it for more apps.

3. Often restarts while launching an application.

4. No angry birds.

5. There ain't any gameloft game which is able to be run on this piece of sh*t.

6. Sometimes the keyboard gets hanged while chatting or messaging.

To solve these problems ive restored and reinstalled fone software for more than 5 times but everything it starts the same issues after one or two days. the keyboard hang is such an annoyning thing, i should've bought Galaxy Gio for same money, coz this set just sucks.

I have to appologize, I've just post similar comment, and now I saw this one, sorry...

I faund thanks to one of posters on one site that belle will be available soon...

Please use plain text.
mahalers

Hi to All

Iam Also many problem like  Restrting Problem , waste music player hangs up in between, no sorting option, no applications are supported on OVI store; Apps downloaded always ask Int Connection for adds,  no angry bird., Camera is useless. My 3.2MP mobile takes better pics than this

Totally This Nokia 500  is worst product Of Nokia I ever had. this is my 6th Nokia product. I never faced such problem. All my friends told me to go for Samsung. But now iam feeling that they were correct and i was wrong.

Nokia should take this mob back and return our money. Or Bugg these errors

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajendra685

my 500 also get restart :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajendra685

my phone also have same problems...a worst phone i bought

Please use plain text.
kolhevinaykumar

same is the condition here. I bought my Nokia 500 2 weeks back and has frequent hanging problems. Viz, with camera, display, short battery span, frequent charging. It takes too long charging time (even when we charge the Nokia 500 with its original charger provided with it). Also, it takes many tries to connect to net via laptops or PCs. Can anyone suggest what would be the solution for it?

Please use plain text.
kolhevinaykumar

same is the condition here. I bought my Nokia 500 2 weeks back and has frequent hanging problems. Viz, with camera, display, short battery span, frequent charging. It takes too long charging time (even when we charge the Nokia 500 with its original charger provided with it). Also, it takes many tries to connect to net via laptops or PCs. Can anyone suggest what would be the solution for it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

I think that there is not to much that we can doo...

Only that remains is to wait to someone responsible for this, finaly read our posts and fiks those errors that we are bugged with. :-((((

kolhevinaykumar wrote:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MikeChale

Yeah man... I'am gonna return my Nokia 500 + some money and replace it with Nokia 701? Hey Nokia, can you do my favor?

Please use plain text.