Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500 problem

Advisor
Sarav

Edvardas wrote:

User experience for Nokia 500 is absolutely horrible. Firstly, it has more bugs than you can imagine. It restarts or freezes everyday if used. And I'm not talking about some fancy games, but basic web browsing, music listening. I thought some apps were faulty and therefore I tried to "return to factory state." However, everything except basic apps disappeared and nothing have improved. Even maps and ovi store app was missing. I managed to recover maps app after long search but store app is lost for good and it is impossible to reinstall. Mail app quite often don't retrieve mail even if it is done manually. Finally, I wasn't able to receive SMS for four days because something went wrong and I've  received them only after restarting phone. 

Even when it is not crashing using Nokia 500 is quite complicated. When somebody is calling phone turns on screen for a very brief time and than it goes back dark again ( the same with alarm) how I'm supposed to know who's calling?

I bought this phone only for very basic tasks - calling, texting, email and internet browsing but it is just not working.  I like my old Nokia 6303 with S40 and maybe I'll start using it again because I just can't trust Nokia 500. Is this is the last Nokia phone for me? Definitely. As I understand everybody have similar problems and there are no solutions whatsoever. If company doesn't care about their clients, why clients should bother using their products and services?

P.S. My SIM is ok - it perfectly works with other phones and I have all available updates.

:smileysurprised:I am also of the same view that my old mobile was very very good and satisfactory then this one.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edvardas

blitzkid wrote:
Try searching for Ovi store via software through phone or Nokia suite. Most of the users who were able to reinstall Ovi store did it through software update. Give it a try.

Thank you for help, but I have update available to me now, so there is nothing I can do. However, ovi store is the least of my concerns :smileyhappy:

Nokia 500
Please use plain text.
Advisor
solarfre

I hope someone from Nokia could reassure us that they are working on the stability issues of the Nokia 500. Will we have to wait until the Belle update? I hope not.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edvardas

Come on Nokia! Today I had problem answering a call: I press the button on the screen and nothing happens.

Nokia is not in the best position in the smartphone sector, however if they are planning to continue like that I see very little chance of improving their market position. I understand that Nokia 500 is low-end phone and I don't expect it to have the best specifications, however, it should at least accomplish basic tasks. Quality and reliability are pillars of Nokia, but if it can't solve very generic problems for months… The best Nokia could do would be an apology for customers, total recall of 500 and giving away more advanced phones for the owners of 500. It would be good PR and it would restore the trust.

I guess this is my last post about Nokia 500. There is no point of continuing writing down issues, because
1. Nothing works as it supposed to;
2. It looks like nobody is trying to find any solution.

Nokia 500
Please use plain text.
vin_kudva

Bought this phone a couple of days back. Was looking fine. Also, i updated the software.

Currently running : Symbian Anna (011.033)

I had only installed the swype app and inserted a 2GB card from my old mobile. Nothing apart from that. 

Periodic home screen hangs and settings page hangs.

Today, a basic call problem. Unable to answer, both with the touch screen or the button. Also unable to hangup, unable to reduce volume, unable to switch off.

Solution : take the battery out and restart.

Will visit the store today to check if they will take it back. 

I had a 3110c model earlier and it was just great!! Based on the rep, i went for another nokia.

I think nokia should not release half baked products to market.

And its not cheap like the basic models. about 10K here in India.

Please use plain text.
Lic3ns3D

Hi,

Is there any way to hard reset Nokia 500 with keys? Like "Volume Down+Camera+Power" on Nokia N8. Or reset factory code, coz my brother changed it and I can't hard reset my device....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

[ Edited ]

I subscribed to this toppic and reciving e-mail every time when ever there is a new post but in a past 3 days nothing has been posted yet. Are people bored by typing and seeing that there is no other solution then just to wait. Come one Nokia we want Nokia phones, but not like this.

And as far as Lic3ns3D concerne hard reset is done by typing this code *#7370#

Thanks to all people who are posting and to those who are trying to help... Hope that there is some solution for us...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
latashaatetoast

Okaaayyy, Hey, I have also got a Nokia 500, and if so many people have complained about the same thing happening why isnt Nokia helping.

Im not angry but, I've had my phone for weeks, and it happens everyday..

The screen would have a line across it, usually different areas and then freeze, then all fade in a colour, usually black then turn itself off or restart.

Sometimes my camera would say Memory full? Urm, I have loads of memory so that confuses me XD

Usually it crashes most on the web, on camera or sometimes when im texting wich is odd..

Is there anything that I need to know to install or uninstall or even reinstall? Because I reckon I've downloaded something off the ovi store I wasn't suppost too..

I've downloaded games, themes and apps from the ovi store... Is there any solutions or help on this? :smileysad: I've tried changing the Sim, :smileyhappy: it didnt work.. Are we just gonna live with this XD

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Why is Nokia not responding to anyone's query here ??????????????????

I got my Nokia 500 as a present for Christmas in the UK. I have had it replaced once already and the same keeps happening. lines down the screen and fading then restarting.

I am not a heavy user, I don’t even use the internet or e-mail, I just text and call, I have always been a Nokia fan and this is putting me right off Nokia.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A RESPONCE FROM NOKIA OR I MAY BE FORCED TO CONTACT TRADING STANDARDS. THIS IS NOT THE KIND OF SERVICE EXPECTED FROM SUCH A BIG COMPANY.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arsenalmac

[ Edited ]

what if we have an emergency? And we cannot call to the police or to the authority because this **beep** unstable phone CUTS OFF calls OR IT WILL just RESTART WHEN WE MAKe CALL??? (sorry bad english)

Moderator's note: Profanity removed. Please do not try to bypass the smut filter.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I guess I will just return for a full refund and look at getting an HTC then if nokia cant answer, after over 10 years of loyality this is a discrace.
Please use plain text.
Anikkkp

i think i got really bad issue in nokia 500. Hangs and lags were usual bt now my phone is unable to any of the homescreens. Its not working in horizontal mode and when i lock the screen it does'nt show that time date black screen and gets unlock through button only. This is really frustrating. Please anyone help me out. I have restarted my phone also. Latest update has already been installed. HELP PLZ
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Looks like the situation with the Nokia 500 is turning worse with every passing day. Nokia's best option now would be to stop production of this unit until the problems are sorted out. Nokia's reputation is taking a beating... Left, right and centre... Wake up and feel the frustration of your customers...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
solarfre

My Nokia 500 crashed on an important client call today. Nokia what's happening to ya?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Muhi

[ Edited ]

There are also some problems with w-lan as someone already wrote, that if it is in group "internet" it is always connected if there is any w-lan available, you can't disconnect. And you have to put all your connections into wap services, to be able to disconnect. And in this way, if you are disconnecting it refreshes several times before it's finally W-lan search off. Why it's not like in C3-01 and X3-02, you disconnect w-lan and it automatically search off, simple as that?

And there are still some of apps unavailable as office (word...) etc.

But, what I hope, I read the post where is said that

BELLE WILL BE UPDATE ABLE NEXT WEEK.

I hope that will be for Nokia 500.

http://www.symbiantweet.com/nokia-belle-updated-coming-next-week

mod note: Layout and font size modified.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'm sorry but Nokia has already verified via its twitter account that that info was wrong and the update is coming as per schedule in February... We'll have to wait it out bro...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
laziokos

22 january and still i have the 010.032 version..

i see posts of people that have the 011.033 version since november..

so if the belle update is available february to the rest countries in europe i suppose

here in Greece i will wait until summer:smileymad:

so Nokia i was a great fan of your phones but you are trying to do the best you can not to buy

Nokia phone again..so be it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arsenalmac

hey nokia 500 users , the best thing that we can do is to wait patiently ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarav

:smileymad:Day by day I am getting too much frustrated by using this phone and wish I could scrap it and go for a cheaper non brand phone which would still have lesser problems than this one! If Nokia couldn't solve the ever increasing problems with this model, then it is better to recall the handsets or stop further distribution - for god's sake.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
manju6424

The update is comming in FEB as per the blogs. its better to wait as we dont have any other option.

i dont know how its gonna digest belle without GPU?

Please use plain text.