Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 500

roger34x
Accepted Solution

Nokia 500

Sir! Does nokia 500 supports video calling?

And When will be the symbian belle update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edvardas

Nokia 500 doesn't have front camera, so it is impossible to make a video call. And Belle update may come next week, maybe February, maybe later...

Nokia 500
Please use plain text.
ayush1440

I have Nokia 6233 3g supported mobile. It has also No front camera like Nokia 500 still it supports video call, even I am doing it with 6233 and it use main camera as a video while video calling.  Then Why it don't available for Nokia 500?  Nokia shold  thinks on this.  I just bought Nokia 500 and I feel like cheated. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

ayush1440 wrote:

I have Nokia 6233 3g supported mobile. It has also No front camera like Nokia 500 still it supports video call, even I am doing it with 6233 and it use main camera as a video while video calling.  Then Why it don't available for Nokia 500?  Nokia shold  thinks on this.  I just bought Nokia 500 and I feel like cheated. 

Can you imagine the serious design flaw in allowing video calling on a phone with no front facing camera? When you're looking at the screen to see the other person, they won't be able to see you so what's the point?

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
ayush1440

we are spending 10,000/- rs for this phone.. Are we not deserve video calling ?? Just think from my side. You don't specify this into your guide or advertisement. Common people including you thinks the same.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

ayush1440 wrote:
we are spending 10,000/- rs for this phone.. Are we not deserve video calling ?? Just think from my side. You don't specify this into your guide or advertisement. Common people including you thinks the same.

If you desperately need video calling buy a different phone which supports it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sameer500

nokia 500 is a failure, i think it has a hardware problem , my phone restarts automatically after app crashes many times even after replacing it from nokia care and belle update .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tabao

Is true that restart and hang problem still there after update software??? I afraid to buy this phone because of that...!
Please tell me, and wich one is good samsung gio or nokia 500?
Please use plain text.
Megamind08543

i have read that after belle update nokia 500 will be capable of recording video at 30fps.. is it true???

Please use plain text.
Megamind08543

my phone is working fine after belle update.. i am pretty happy with 500

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

[ Edited ]

It doesn't support Video Calling because it does not have Front Camera, however I found option to make video call but that doesn't worked (even I mostly use 3G) but no luck. It shows nothing when I click on Call, but when I try again than I get an error message saying "Call Rejected".

Please use plain text.
Advisor
papps193

No.... It supports Video Calling. Only thing you need is 3G.

Parikshit Shah
Please use plain text.
rawat_84

Sir ovi store not open in my nokia 500. It is niether uninstalled nor function. I
Please use plain text.
rawat_84

nokia 500 does not make skype call why?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
santoshinde

m having nokia 500 product code 059G7B8 with 011.020.059 firmware. is there any more firmware updates or applications updates available

Please use plain text.
shakes79

i have brought a new Nokia 500 phone. the problem is my phone screen goes blank when i try to make a call/ recieve a call. sometimes the phone switches off also on its own.pl tell me some way out.

secondly how do i uninstall apps like fsecure and india today from my phone.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Braxsonj

How good is d battery of nokia 500 am about to buy it i want to know because am presently using nokia x3-02 the phone just having a lot of problems , bad battery and it hangs
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Braxsonj

After D Update Off Nokia 500, what were the problems it av and what are d Improvement in it ...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eric500

If doesnt support video calling and doesnt have front camera why is it that in my contacts i am given an option of video calling and unless i am seeing wrongly i think mine has a thing that looks like a camera infront
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Eric500 wrote:
If doesnt support video calling and doesnt have front camera why is it that in my contacts i am given an option of video calling and unless i am seeing wrongly i think mine has a thing that looks like a camera infront

What you are seeing is either the proximity sensor or the ambient light detector not a FFC.

Please use plain text.