Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5230 Charging problem.

k20tech

Nokia 5230 Charging problem.

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I just got my 5230 two days ago, and the battery meter is the most confusing thing ever.

The first day I got the phone, I charged it all night but never got a full battery indicator. I don't even know what the full battery icon looks like. No matter how long I charge it, it still shows the 'stacking bars' charging icon. This is my first Nokia, so please excuse me if I'm just not seeing it or something. Also, what is the low battery indicator? My phone died last night out of nowhere. The last time I checked it, it had all the battery bars there. I checked the phone ten minutes later and it wouldn't even turn on and tell me to recharge it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
k20tech

Re: Nokia 5230 Charging problem.

16 views and no replies?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi k20tech

Here is a screenshot of 5230 with full battery: http://i51.tinypic.com/141s9i9.jpg

Normally low battery warning is an audible tone unless "Warning tones" set to off in individual profile.

What charger are you using as something is not right with battery or device here?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
k20tech

Hi scoobyman,

Thanks for the screenshot. That is the way my phone looks after unplugging it from the charger. But, while plugged in, it always has the stacking bars/charging indicator even after 8 hours of charging. When I unplug it, it has the full battery amount of bars.

I'll use the phone a lot today and see if I missed the low battery warning. Maybe it was my fault.

I am using the AC-8U charger as supplied by Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CH1133

I have also just bought a 5230 and have exactly the same problem i.e. if the phone is plugged into the charger then the bars always move.  The battery never seems to get full.  Is this a general Nokia 'issue' or is my phone (or battery?) faulty? Thanks

Please use plain text.