Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5230 - Failed to establish a network con...

Railroad153

Nokia 5230 - Failed to establish a network connection.

I have my phone connected to OVI Suite via bluetooth which works perfectly well. My phone has the latest software version 50.0.001, and I'm running the 64bit version of Windows 7, and OVI Suite is the latest version too, 3.1.0.91. When I'm not at home I use OVI Suite to connect to the internet through my phone, which used to work fine. Now though I find it doesn't, and I cannot figure out the problem.

If I remove my phone as a bluetooth device and remove the pairing and then connect again using the 'Add New Device' function, OVI Suite then installs a bluetooth modem if necessary and I'm back up and running again. It all works until I restart my PC. When I do I'm back to 'Failed to establish a network connection' again. Once again I remove the device and re-connect and it's back on again until I restart again and so on. The message goes on to say the modem may be in use or is not configured correctly.

I'm guessing that a command in the registry may be responsible for it not working but I'm not sure. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Railroad153.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
litreb

Re: Nokia 5230 - Failed to establish a network connection.

I see this is rather old. But I have same issue, and would like to hear if you have found a solution!

Thank

Please use plain text.
sallu_dumana

Sir i using nokia 5233 and using nokia pc suite latest version on pc7.1 it perfectly work in last 35-40 days but after 3to4 days in nokia pc suite it shows error like 'failed to establish network connection'
I using windows 7 in pc please sir give me solution i cann't using internet in pc since last three days.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@sallu_dumana does this help?

If not, which network operator, in which country, are you using?

Please use plain text.
sallu_dumana

vodafone and india
Please use plain text.
sallu_dumana

please help of i can not use net since 5 days
Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

mmm.... just wanna first clarify where the error message is from? From the PC or the phone?
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@sallu_dumana because you read and followed that other thread, which APN did you enter in your Nokia?

Please use plain text.