Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5230 Nuron, Severe Touchscreen Errors.

Registered Member
Evil_Iggy

Nokia 5230 Nuron, Severe Touchscreen Errors.

About 3 monts ago I started experiencing a touchscreen error on my Nokia 5230 Nuron.  Intermittently, it would be impossible to press buttons at the edge of the screen and screen scrolling would not let go of a section of screen.

I assumed this was a problem with the screen and replaced the phone.  However, a couple of days ago the same problem started and now I suspect some kind of virus or software error.

The other thing I've noticed is that the Shopping Cart (Downloads) button is flickering as if there were pressure on the screen.

I have done soft and hard resets, but neither of them seem to have any effect.  I'm not sure the hard reset is even doing what it says as my contacts and applications are all staying in place.

Registered Member
Evil_Iggy

Re: Nokia 5230 Nuron, Severe Touchscreen Errors.

Problem resolved.  I just wanted to let anyone having the same problem know that Nokia support was fast and simple.  I used the online chat help.

They had me do another reset, this time turning the phone off and then pressing and holding the power, volume-down, and menu button at the same time.  This wipes the phone itself but leaves the memory card and sim card intact.

As soon as the phone was finished booting up I checked both the menu and texting functions.  The screen was responsive to a gentle touch like it was before I started having problems.

Whatever your problem is here, try Nokia support first.  They really know what they are doing.

Registered Member
vivekmoningi

Re: Nokia 5230 Nuron, Severe Touchscreen Errors.

hi friends,

i am having an severe touch problem since 1 month when ever i keep my phone in pocket and after a while if i take it out to use it it get stucked is there any rectification for this problem if any suggest me please...