Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5230 - Packet data issue, please help!!!

ra1nb0w
Accepted Solution

Evening All,

Please help me its driving me insane.I recently brought a Nokia 5230 and I have a contract that allows picture messaging. The problem I have is if I try to send a picture message I keep getting the same message:

'Packet Data: -  Packet Data connection not available'

It's the same for connecting to the internet, has anybody else experienced this or can tell me how to resolve the problem please.

:smileysad:

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Nokia 5230 - Packet data issue, please help!!!

Have you actually those accesspoints needed?

In most cases your provider let you downloade or order them on sms's from their websites.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Usually they would be listed as: MMS settings, WAP settings, Internet settings etc...
ra1nb0w

:smileyvery-happy:

Thanks a million for the suggestion Fender, it worked. It turns out that my settings were all geared for Pay as you go and not contract but this is rectified!!!!

Have a good evening, :smileyvery-happy:

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Okey, It turned out to be worng settings? - Glad it worked out!

Cheers!
Registered Member
Lord_Guillaume

I also have this problem whenever i try to connect to any of the web services using my Nokia 5230 it just says Packet Data: Packet Data Connection not available.....
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@Lord_guillaume:

Do you also miss settings or have the wrong settings?
AliasDude

How do you change the settings!?? I've got the phone and it's really confusing me.....:smileysad:

AliasDude

Never mind,for o2 users turns out u hv to send active to 2020 for the new settings =]

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

OKey, nice to know. Here in norway you will have to download the settings or call the operator.

Glad it worked out!
Registered Member
Labarmand

Just a quick reply.

I had the same problem but I solved it by changing the "Network Mode" to UMTS. It seemed to change to "Dual Mode" when I changed my sim card. I couldn't get any internet access until I changed the sim card to UMTS. 

Sorted.

Registered Member
prakkash

my devise is nokia 5230,

help me i have same error "Packet data not available" :smileymad:,

my network is DOCOMO, i try lot of setting but still it same problem, even call center persons are also tried to solve my problem..... and suggest me i change my devise..!!!! how can it do it...

pls help me to give me basic setting for GRPS of DOCOM, if any on have this problem then how to solve it...?

Registered Member
nelle1980

hiya all i have the same problem but i can use my internet fine but if i go to ovi store this is wot it says also if i down load some apps it wont work also could anybody tell me how to get ebuddys workin please

many thanks

sarbojit

Hi,

I am facing same what similar(packet data....) problem. I am using Nokia5230 for last 7 months but currently I am facing a problem i.e.... without my notification my complete balance has  been deducted form my account in last 15 to 20 days. As per call center it is happening because of net browsing from my pc but I am not using net, in fact I have never used net in my phone.

I have noticed some nagging flash saying "Packet data connection active" I don't know how it has activated and how to disable it. Also what this notification referring to.....

As per call center people some thing is getting downloaded from my phone, that's the reason I wanted to turn off internet to my phone.

Note: I have already sent CAN VL to 144 but still the problem persists.

I am the only person who is handling my phone so it's not possible that some else is downloading from my phone.

I am suspecting few things in my phone

1. I was trying to sync my mails to my phone using wap/pp settings but I did not able to do it properly and I left as it is. So I am not sure whether that is related to this issue. Though I have deleted WAP but still money is getting deducted from my account

Finally I am able to see three solutions to this problem

1. Correct the problem so that without browsing my money will not get deducted.

2. Disable internet.

3. Reset all settings and then again try to set email access. but for that I need step by step instruction as I don't know how to do it.

4. Stop vodafone connection and switch to any other service provider.

Looking forward to your response.

Please help.....

Bkky

Am frustated with this message on my phone suscribe to packet data link not available.i dnt knw wht to do....pls help me out.nokia 5130
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Most likely u miss the needed accesspoints or data traffic is not yet activated for your subscription.

You don't say much in your post above, but have you tried whats mentioned in the thread already? Call your provider to get the needed settings and maybe activate data use if your provider needs you to do that?
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Also check the browser settings to make sure the right accesspoint section is selected. Usually that would be internet, but you will of course need an internet accesspoint which you get from your operator like mentioned above.
Counsellor
ruby54

I am having the same problem, all my credit was taken in February and a £1 has been taken everyday since I topped up last week, even if the phone or navigation is not used. As long as its switched on £1 is taken. Yet I can still use maps in the same way if I have no credit. And 70p seemed to disappear over night last night. I am the only user.

I have had the 5230 since May of last year but this has only happened since February.

I have spent one and a half hours in The Car Phone Warehouse today with the lovely Tom trying to sort it out for me.

In the end he has restored the factory settings and  then reset everything and I will have to wait to see if another £1 is deducted tomorrow!!

I am on pay as you go and when I purchased the phone I was told that if I used the internet it was 50p a day. Has this changed?

My setting were showing "ofline"

I have lost around £15 so far and have not used the internet.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Are you picking up Email on your 5230?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
stevym

try hard factory reset (without sim card)

*#7370#

answer = yes

code 12345

(mobile phone restarts)

after initialising turn off back and insert SIM card

go to menu : Tools/ Tools/Sett.Wizard (last icon)

Nokia will fix it automatically