Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5230 RESTARTING DEFECT

Registered Member
zell

I've purchased my 5230 on January and it came loaded with firmware v11.0.0.079 and I have'nt had a single problem with my phone. There are no random restarts and the phone works flawlessly. But after reading all the comments about updating the firmware to v20.x.x.x I am abstaining away from updating my firmware. The older firmware in my phone is very stable and after six months of usage I don't have any problem with it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sardineta

hello everyone

i am sure nokia is a very good brand name. so i agree there are some bugs with the 5230, in fact i hace a problem quit similar to the one discribed here. i will do the recipe described here, i have tried the setting reset, i will do now the soft and hard reset if needed.

why? becasue my mp3 files does not play, when i want to create a new profile, it does not work and also the screen turns black and then it restablishes. also (it was my fault) because i have a mix with my folders, because once i change the language from my nokia spanish to english, and then i have the spanish folders and the english folders, aaaaaaaaaa very unconfortable.

hope very soon, nokia will help us to get a release or a new firmware to solve those some invonvenients.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daketan

Hey guys i am in the family. But i have few restarts and the msg editing is done automatically like one backspace leads to clear all the text.

Changing theme restarts the phone with the companies memory card. and overheating when i keep my phone in pocket / listing to music more than 30mins i think it needs fresh air or AC or finland environment.

My firmware is V20 and the available is V21 and now i am thinking whether to update my version or stick to this.  Reply guys anybody updated to newer version ?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dwarf2008

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I have been reading all the posts above, i am gonna buy nokia touchscreen handset (under 7500) and i am really interested in 5230 (i know production is stopped, but i will try to find out) i just wanted to know that has Nokia replied to any of you about the defect in 5230 handsets should i buy the same.

Please do reply me asap. :smileysad:

Regards.

Vatsal

Regards.
Vatsal
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skanda_ec

guys even i'm having restarting problem. . . i tried everythin..pls pls tel me hw to solve this

Please use plain text.
ramlakkidi

[ Edited ]

YOU SHOULD APPROACH CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL FORUM AT YOUR RESPECTIVE PLACE FOR YOUR LOSS AND MENTAL AGONY.

i am having two peculiar problems with my 5230.

1. gprs could not be accessed when i am in roaming. but my sim works on other mobiles even if i am in roaming.

2. phone continously restarts when use a particular sim. but that sim works without any problem on other mobiles.

on writing to nokia they replied like this

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to the post service functionality of Nokia 5230. We understand your displeasure over the post service quality of your mobile phone and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. Kindly be assured that Nokia manufactures mobile phones and accessories with focus on optimal performance and user friendliness.

Further, as a part of our post service review process and in order for us to initiate an assessment of your phone concern, we require your handset to be present at a Nokia Care Centre. Hence, we request you to take your phone to the nearest Nokia Care Centre and revert with the below mentioned details. Please be assured that our technicians will assist you in the best possible way.

We recommend you to take along the proof of purchase/receipt while visiting the Nokia Care Centre. Your phone would be repaired under warranty if it meets all the warranty guidelines.

For location of a Nokia Care Centre nearest to you, kindly access the following web link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/carecenters 

Details required:

1)      Location and complete address of the Nokia Care Centre (where your handset is submitted)

2)      IMEI/Serial number of the phone

3)      Latest Job slip/repair number

4)      Date when the phone was submitted

5)      Your alternate contact number

The above mentioned details are vital and will help us assist you further. You may also note that in order for our customer care division to look into other desired options apart from the regular service provision of the phone, we would require to study and analyze the present and previous service provision of your mobile phone.

Before submitting your phone at the Care Centre, you may kindly take a backup of the phone contacts data to the SIM card. If the phone supports memory card, take a back up of contacts, messages, images, clips, etc. on to the memory card or on to the PC. Back up can be taken, provided the phone is in “Power ON” condition. The technicians at the Nokia Care Centre and Nokia India would not be responsible for the loss of data during the repair process.

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in/asknokia

To ensure proper handling, please continue to use the current subject line.

Kind regards,
Nancy. J
Nokia Care

what should i do ?

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Attachment removed. For your security, we do not allow posting personal or contact information in the discussion board.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Almabel

[ Edited ]

turn on...wait...green+red+camera

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Non-English post removed. Please be advised that we only allow the English language in the discussions board. You are always welcome to repost your questions or feedback in English.

Please use plain text.
abhilodha

yes bro i have tha same problem.....when i personlise any profile it restarssssssssssssss....

same problem bro same

Please use plain text.
abhilodha

same prob
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Amit2usa

Re: Nokia 5230 RESTARTING DEFECT SOLVED !!!

Hi guys I have a solution for nokia restarting defect. I was having same problem now my cell run very smotth n fine. I went to nokia care and stated my problem of  restarting randomly. They told me this problem arises due to scratch guard i mean screen cover. Replace it with new cover scratch guard and they formatted my software to 21.0.0.04 latest one. Due to scratch guard this problem arises becaz of this keypad malfunctions and it gets restart. 

Now my problem got solved and its working very fine now.It has been a month that my phone nevr got restart after that.

I hope This wil help you.

Thanks and byeeeee

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Amit2usa

Hey guys reply something !! Is anyone's problem solved now ???????
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sanket007

ye my problem was solved when i upgraded to firmware v21.0.004

BUT bettr Go for CFW's

my friend is using c6 CFW and his handset works more smoothly and speedly than  that of me with original firmware

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sudhir_1990

ya am also agree with you and in karimnagar cre center foolishly installed the 5235 software in 5230:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dwarf2008

Hey Everyone out there, I updated my phone firmware to latest (v50.0.0.0) and the problem has been solved (till date - its a month back I updated the firmware). Hope this thread helps you all who has the same problem. Thank You NOKiA for the update :smileyvery-happy:  

Regards.
Vatsal
Please use plain text.