Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5230 internet not working 'packet data c...

Registered Member
mark858

Nokia 5230 internet not working 'packet data connection not available

Hi, i have been had a Nokia 5230 for a few months but never been able to get on the internet. 

When i try to use the internet it says 'Packet data connection not available'. 

I have gone through options - settings - connectivity - destinations.

There are two access points but the internet still wont work.

Any advice on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia 5230 internet not working 'packet data connection not available

Check with your network and get them to make sure everything is fine their end. Also request they send you the access point settings by sms. Once you receive the sms, you can delete the old access points before reinstalling them from the sms.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi mark858

I don't know whether your service provider piggybacks on one of the major networks, but have a look in "Uncategorized" folder in Destinations for any more access points and if necessary move appropriate one to "Internet" folder.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
stacia

i am having the same problem with my nokia 5230, the only difference is that use to access the net, but all of a sudden whenever i try i keep getting packet date connection is unavailable...... can you help me please....
Please use plain text.