Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia-5233 problem

Registered Member
raghavsol

Nokia-5233 problem

Hi friends, I recently purchased Nokia 5233 model. Drawbacks of the mobile:

Apart from clear cut drawbacks like; Camera with out flash, no Wi-fi, no independent GPS,no 3G it has draw back which you will come to know only after using. All the above said drawbacks can be make out from specifications itself and hence company is not the defaulter. These companies have lot of experience and still they make mistakes repeatedly.

Problem is: Speakers are of poorest quality even low end mobiles of Nokia itself have better. Rather saying ‘poorest quality speakers’ it is better to say ‘poorest speaker adjustments’. Using a headset at some noisy place, it is difficult to hear dialogue of a movie/clip comfortably unless the actor is shouting. You can hear but I mean comfortably you can not hear. While using you will feel to increase the volume and it will frustrate you like anything. Ok songs you can hear because they have high music. The very purpose of the mobile is defeated, when you are out in a bus or metro train and you want to use it you can not. I do not want to get change the speakers but just amplify the volume. And if in doing so signal becomes noisy let it be. But at least give a choice to the user. Let him decide to hear noisy stuff or not to hear at all.

For those who believe in experiments, I have done an experiment to prove this. I recorded the same radio channel through my older low end mobile which is of Nokia itself and the Nokia-5233. I kept both of them at maximum volume. I analyzed the recorded sound in my computer and found that the volume of 5233 is at least half of that of my older mobile. Same way the FM signal is worst.

It can be a scrap for many of you but I want to draw attention of Nokia. I feel pity as well agitated after all they are not giving me free of cost. It’s a simple thing which they have to take care and they do not. The things are done so carelessly. Either the engineers are worst which they hire or the company do not have good procedural set up to check before launching a mobile. There must be some explicit scientific way to check the volume adjustment and things like that. Even if it is given to me I can do that, its just about amplifying the signal.

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia-5233 problem

[ Edited ]

Well the 5233 IS A CHEAP LOW END PHONE. It is not only a question of software, but also of hardware. At the price range of the 5230 yes there are some phones which have greater audio, but also take note of the hardware used. A touch screen LCD screen isnt cheap, and the goal of the 5230 is to make a touch screen phone as cheap as possible, so of course sacrifices must be made in other parts of the unit to keep the price down. A firmware update MAY increase the volume of the loudspeakers, but only to an extent which the hardware can output. That being said, why dont you watch the videos while wearing a headset?

If you wanted better speakers AND a touch screen, you should have shelled out more cash.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Registered Member
karanti_99

Re: Nokia-5233 Volume problem

Hi friends, I recently purchased Nokia 5233 model.

Problem is: Speakers are of poorest quality even low end mobiles of Nokia itself have better. Rather saying ‘poorest quality speakers’ it is better to say ‘poorest speaker adjustments’. Using a headset at some noisy place, it is difficult to hear dialogue of a movie/clip comfortably unless the actor is shouting. You can hear but I mean comfortably you can not hear. While using you will feel to increase the volume and it will frustrate you like anything. Ok songs you can hear because they have high music. The very purpose of the mobile is defeated, when you are out in a bus or metro train and you want to use it you can not. I do not want to get change the speakers but just amplify the volume. And if in doing so signal becomes noisy let it be. But at least give a choice to the user. Let him decide to hear noisy stuff or not to hear at all.

For those who believe in experiments, I have done an experiment to prove this. I recorded the same radio channel through my older low end mobile which is of Nokia itself and the Nokia-5233. I kept both of them at maximum volume. I analyzed the recorded sound in my computer and found that the volume of 5233 is at least half of that of my older mobile. Same way the FM signal is worst.

It can be a scrap for many of you but I want to draw attention of Nokia. I feel pity as well agitated after all they are not giving me free of cost. It’s a simple thing which they have to take care and they do not. The things are done so carelessly. Either the engineers are worst which they hire or the company do not have good procedural set up to check before launching a mobile. There must be some explicit scientific way to check the volume adjustment and things like that. Even if it is given to me I can do that, its just about amplifying the signal.

Registered Member
estiac

i'm having problem with removing opera mini from my mobile. My mobile model 5233. There is a key symble on the right upward of the icon. If i try to remove it then massase appear unable to remove and he try to instal again unable to instal massage appear. There is no icon been seen from the uninsuall application option. Please help of out.
ACyuT

Update the Phone's software to the latest version. It will solve your volume problem. :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
basushaunak

There has been some excuses made about phone being cheap and hence audio problem and so hence and so forth. But what I am really curious to know is it is supposed to be a Music Device (I could be wrong), But still the audio volume is even low in Head Set (I do not use speakers as I am not interested to everyone listen to what I am listening) - as I mostly use the music functions during travel.

Apart from this serious snag, it is a good set.

The funniest part is in Videos, the audio is not that low!

Registered Member
gurubalaji

hai friend thank you your advise good mobile NOKIA 5233. By .G.Balaji
Registered Member
eshwarappah

please help me how can i improve  volume of 5233. may i use external out put speakers

Registered Member

Nokia 5233 music player problem

Hi,

I am having Nokia 5233 and till recently everything was working fine. Yesterday as usual I was listening to the music from the music player and in between I took break for which I exited from music player and later when I went into the option again, I saw that none of the songs were there in the music player. Few ring tones that are stored in the phone memory were the only ones to be seen. I refreshed the library at least a hundred times and even then I couldn't see any of the songs that are there in the memory card. I went to file manager and tried playing it, it was playing fine but I am just not able to get those songs into my music player.

Another weird thing I have noticed in my phone is that the time set in the clock sometimes goes 1 hour faster than the real time. I really dont know how and when it happenes but once in at least 2 days I have to reset the time when I notice that the time is 1 hour ahead the real time.

Somebody plz help me with both the issues.

Registered Member
AvinashMohan

Hey i am using nokia 5233 since 8months i used to love my phone now what happened is when i am opening gallery its showing empty…its showing the images and videos …i tried to set that but i couldn’t i restared my phone i restored the settings but no use can u help me plezzzzzzzz………

Registered Member
rajaryans

pls do first restore factory setting if problem not solve than format your phone but ensure take all phone data backup in computer
Registered Member
rajaryans

pls purchase addtional earphone of phillips, creative or editor for double sound out put. You can also use software name Shazam for double sound output(from ovi store)
Girishdev

can I update my nokia5233 without pc because I have no pc
Mobile Overlord
farby

Girishdev wrote:
can I update my nokia5233 without pc because I have no pc

Yes..Provided the Firmware update is available thru' FOTA and you have an active Data Plan on your mobile.. Dial  *#0000#  and then select Options-->Check for Updates ..and follow instructions..