Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5530 Hard Reset, No keypad

Mobile Overlord
farby

grinjin wrote:
hi deepestblue.mi cannot turn on my 5530 even i use the hard reset code.its start to off when i install the new versio v40... something,then when im in the middle of installing, my pc was turned off or reset,after then my 5530 hangs and turn off and icant turn it on any more please help me..

Its not easy to get it if you are doing it for the First time.. Keep trying. Just make sure that the battery has the power to perform this reset..so leave it on charging for  15-20 minutes and then try it...

BTW, the problem you have,  seems to be a failed Firmware update. Refer and follow the suggestions from this resource.. If nothing works, you need to visit Nokia care..

Please use plain text.
grinjin

okay thanks for the info, ill try it again,hope my 5530 will turn on,if its not i have no choice but to visit to the nokia care
Please use plain text.
mulumbu

the phone is fully touch screen so i cant find where is '*' and '3'.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Refer Message 3 by deepestblue in this thread ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
miyakibebe

my phone dont start.it only vibrates and nothing appear on the screen. i tried hard resetting it but still nothing happens. please help me :smileysad: my phone is 5530 xpressmusic

Please use plain text.
poika_Rabi

I have also same problem...:smileysad:. I downloaded some songs in PC and tried to copy it in my nokia 5530 xm phone, i couldn't copy those songs. When i checked the property of those songs, they were read only files and i changed it and again copied it this time i was able to copy. My music player didn't find those songs. But i found those songs using file explorer app and i played the songs too. I thought the phone needs to restarted to refresh the music player so when i switched it off and switch it on again it just vibrates and then nothing happens. I have removed the memory card and tried to switch it on again but i can't. I also tried to hard reset by pressing call, reject and camera buttons along with the power buttons but still no change. And i was charging the phone before all this happened, so battery is almost full.

If any of you have faced the same situation and have been able to solve this problem plz share your experience..

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try a few more times and you may get it right. Never ever had to do this myself but have read in many posts on this Forum that for a First timer, this may not be easy but require a few attempts. If no luck, Nokia Care is the only solution left for you ... 

Please use plain text.
j_ya

exactly,the same problem i'm having...don't have a solution is it..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
problemhuge

hi, I also have a problem with my nokia 5530, I start the phone, screen is locked and the key to unlock it does not work...there is no other keys except camera and volume...how to unlock the screen? pls help

tried to connect it to pc but pc does not recognize it.

all I can do is to remove battery and try again and it happens every time. :smileysad:

now I use new phone, but have some pics and messages I'd like to keep /save somewhere else...any ideas?

thx

Please use plain text.