Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5530 Hard Reset, No keypad

Advisor

Nokia 5530 Hard Reset, No keypad

My Nokia 5530 boots up fine, but then the screen locks, i press the telephone/contacts buttons but i don't get the respective screen though phone does give response of the button press.

So without keypad i can't enter the hard reset code and i have try  green+red+camera but it doesn't work out, may be i am doing it slow but the key positions are so random...

any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia 5530 Hard Reset, No keypad

You are supposed to start the hard reset sequence with the phone powered off.

Always remember to backup your phone before performing resets as your data may be lost.

The "3 finger deep reset". With the phone powered off, depress and hold these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone using the on/off button whilst keeping all four keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

shoaibi, this is how you hard reset your phone:

Turn off your phone

Press and hold down the Call (green), End (red) and Camera keys.

Turn on the phone without releasing them. Leave these three keys only when you reach the Region selection screen.

If you can get to the dial pad, you can try the soft reset before you go for the hard reset. Type *#7370#. Enter the lock code. Default is 12345.

Please note that all your data stored in the phone memory will be deleted during the reset, so backup your phone memory using PC Suite.

cjlim, I think you missed the phone model, because your hard reset method works only for non-touchscreen devices :smileyhappy:

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Thanks deepestblue. You are quite right.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

You're welcome :smileyhappy:
Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have a question, does the soft reset or the *#7370# code reformat or erase the memory installed in the memory card? I want to do this but I don't want to delete my card memory.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It does not touch the memory card. However, depending on what your reason is for resetting in the first place, you may have to reformat the memory card if the fault is due to an application installed on your card.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hello, this button reset is not working can you post a video or image sequence of how to perform this hard reset.

problem that i am facing is when i  install any new theme  the screen area turns into light grey when i unlock it and when there is any notification. tried doing reset by *#7370# but its not able 2 solve my problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Had exactly the same problem about 10 mins ago...found an awesome post on this exact same site..

The buttons and shortcuts all froze and the phone just went awol.

Tried the green/red/camera reset...nothing.

Then I found this post.

To bring up the dialler....

Go to

Menu

>Applications

>Clock

While on that screen, press the green call button (i seriously thought it wouldn't work but it did!)

Then while on that, dial *#7370#

Type in the code 12345 (default code)

Then the phone will turn off and a white screen will appear, whatever you do...DONT mess with it just leave it...

After about a minute it comes up exactly as it was out of the box.

Try not to put the memory card in it though, mine always freezes (reformat should do :smileyhappy: )

By the way remember to back up all your data and precious stuff because everything will be gone!

I really hope this post helps because i got so stressed up about finding an answer!

Please use plain text.

you were such a great great help. much as i love my new phone, it's given me palpitation this morning....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

your post really helps! thank you so much! 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atrinity

I had the same problem less than one month that I got my nokia 5530, but I accessed to the dial pad when I selected one my contacts from the main screen to make a call. I has to make a hard reset to resolve this, after I saved my information with the Nokia Ovi Suite of course, but now, 2 months later the problem happened again, I purchased the phone three months ago, and I lost the icons and the dial pad, also the contacts are not working, so I did a hard reset again. There's a known issue about this situation with the Nokia 5530 model?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tyo_prasetyo

menu-applications-clock then touch the green button. its a shortcut to keypad. last month i had same problem. but the shortcut help me to show up my 5530 keypad. so i can input the code for hard reset my phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tyo_prasetyo

if your keypad cant show up. just go to menu and pres the green button. its shortcut to keypad.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SWeeTY1994

where is the backup data stored in nokia 5530? i have made backup of phone memory bt i cudnt find where is it stored now?? plzz help..dont wnt the data to be lost..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wicked111

[ Edited ]

Everyody please dont listen to lisaLOK i did what he told but it only formats everything on the phone (now i have to reinstall every app i downloaded...and this is very time consuming)

doing the method LisaLok told would not solve problems...my problem with ma cell was that i wasnt able to open the shrtcuts on the scree as well as  the dialer........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wicked111

if anybody knows how to completely reset nokia 5530 do tell

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wicked111

Everyody please dont listen to lisaLOK i did what he told but it only formats everything on the phone (now i have to reinstall every app i downloaded...and this is very time consuming)

doing the method LisaLok told would not solve problems...my problem with ma cell was that i wasnt able to open the shrtcuts on the scree as well as  the dialer........

also LisaLOk mentioned how to open the dialer by a long method ...heor she doesnt know tht ther is an eay way to open it ..go to menu and press call

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@LisaLOK: You did a soft reset which are mentioned in almost every thread/topic here on the forum. No big secret:smileytongue:

@wicked111:

As I can see, LisaLOK did warn about that the soft reset (*#7370#) would delete everything on your phone (phonememory). I also see that you asked about a way to completely reset your phone... A soft reset would completely reset your phone.

If you where thinking about the settings only - a reset to factory defaul settings manouver should have been done instead (*#7780#). This would leave your contacts, apps, messages etc.

To completely reset EVERYTHING you would need to format your memorycard too, and this would delete everything on the memory card.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You guys should ask Fender to show you the secret reset. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.