Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5530 Hard Reset, No keypad

Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Nokia 5530 Hard Reset, No keypad

[ Edited ]

No, no, shhh if LisaLOK had paid attention, the user would have registered that the secret reset is mentioned a few times even here on this thread, before he/she posted. And shhhhhh, But wicked- dude Wrote that it only formates the phone so he had to reinstall apps. Now, what if it had formatted the memcard too? - would it make any difference?? But shhhhhhh, they're not supposed to know :-) lol.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Registered Member
Babs2204

Hi ,thank very much.my5530 was going mad,blinking red every second.i've tried your method,and this really worked for me,thx again

Registered Member
zish4u

Thank u very much. I was having problems of no key pad . but now problem gone. U ppl are great!
Advisor
beethoven07

What if my phone is can't start...... How can I reset? No red key no green key just on/off, volume control and camera,....

after I upgrade the firmware from  v20.***to v30.*** my nokia 5530 musicxpress can't start..... its totaly death...  please help me what should I do?

Registered Member
owee

got mine a hard reset, however I forgot taking the mmc off. now its asking for a password to access the mmc, T_T which I don't know. how can I fix it?
Registered Member
Pogshrc

Deepestblue...

Thank you very much... My cellphone is totally working now... You Rock!!!

Registered Member
pulau_bintan

To Deepestblue

you said to hard reset nokia 5530 xpressmusic just press and hold down the Call (green), End (red) and Camera keys. Then turn on the phone without releasing them. Leave these three keys only when you reach the Region selection screen.

I've tried a few times but still can not to hard reset the phone. D please help me
what's the problem with my phone. How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Registered Member
shugarev

10x Deepestblue, it's working :smileyhappy:
blackiron488

Hi there,

I'm having same here with my 5530XM. How did you solve your problem?

I appreciate your any reply.

Best regards

blackiron

Registered Member
godofhell666999

hi my friend 

i had the same prob just a minute ago ,so i was looking for help and i got to this page ,this is what i did 

first turn on youre phone then start the camera and hit the call button and even if the main display is frozen the numbers will appear then put the code to reset and you are done 

i hope that works for you 

well sorry for the bad english 

bye bye

Advisor

Hi

i having nokia 5530 I want hard reset my mobile

can tell me pls

Registered Member
whatalife

thank you this worked for me thanks for the support
Registered Member
nodi

I HAVE A PROBLEM PLEASE TELL ME AND HELP ME OUT I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH MY HANDSET NOKIA 5530 WHEN I M TRYING TO CALL ANY BUDDY THEN PHONE WILL BE SHUTDOWN PERMANENTLY I DON'T KNOW WHATS THIS ANY BUDDY HAVE ANY SOLUTION PLEASE TELL ME I M WAITING PLEASE BECAUSE ITS A NICE FONE AND DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY HANDSET

gumichka

Also way is- green, menu, red+lock button ;   green, menu+ lock button. I have the same problem after when i change the broken display, on next day i try to replace my sim card with other-it's come surprise...- go to see your retailer:smileymad:

So with many kays i was neer to solution:

- fire the screen and i see @ - make your e mail.... ;

- one time show me front 4 icons Face, mеssage, phone and...? i don't now - anyway

- many times its showing battery and antena icon and between write:   qtn_title_text

but in all case ,after switch on-off display ,restart, i dont now what it coming out again notice-

connect to retailer

Pls somebody help as, i know you can! :smileytongue: Thanks

aintgotaclue

Hello. Iam totally new to here and I know very very late posting on this particular discussion but I am totally at a loss, and these posts are about the only decent things I've heard regarding the issues with these nokia 5530's! I am appealing for some help, to try and sort my 11yr old sons 5530. I myself am a SE fan and die hard button phone fanatic. Can't be doing with these touch screen malarkies!! Always going wrong! :smileymad: Anyways, he has come in today put his phone on charge, left it and gone away for the weekend. I checked his phone to see a nice little message on a black screen 'Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer'. I have read many posts and have tried removing battery and waiting for 15 mins+ and turning on while holding in the red, green and camera button (very fiddly)! When the phone comes on I am getting the white screen with the NOKIA logo in blue then it goes black and the message appears in the bottom of the screen. I have tried the above method with the sim card and memory card removed but I just cannot seem to get past that message. I have done the 3 finger digereedoo for about 2 minutes (I know it doesn't seem long but it is when your just sitting there) So I cannot even get to the keypad to input anything, and the PC cannot pick it up through the usb at all, which I was hoping it would. :smileysad: As far as I am aware the warranty is well out and I was really hoping, well for a miracle..! at least to have his phone sorted for him for sunday. BTW he has never had any problems prior to this so I am, from reading about thinking he has probably BT'd between his friends some dodgy songs or pictures that were corrupt. Unless the phone itself has done that sneaky 'check for software update' thingie and he has pressed ok. I apologise for the 'going on' but I have noticed people don't really explain their problem then get a bit peed off when the suggestions don't work so I'd just like to make it easy for the people in the know! I have also D/Loaded numerous flash files etc but just don't have a clue what that is all about, and since d/ld'ng them I have not even got a nokia file at all in my c;program files/common files anyway. So any help would be 110% appreciated, although all the answers will probably be go to the phone shop and pay a fortune! Advance thankU's again. Please be a solution out there some where. . . :smileyindifferent:

Registered Member
susyita

My nokia 5530 xpressmusic is flipping out, i've tried to reset it with the three fingers step, but it didn't work. I can't use the dial code because it doens't let me in the keypad. How can I reset it through my computer? Maybe through Nokia Pc Suite, idk it was like this when I connected to my computer and when i disconnected  it was like that, changing the screen, it wasn't going were i asked. Help?

Registered Member
lilolilo

You are my God ! Thank you so much !
Registered Member
Shienabuenaflor

WOAH! :smileyvery-happy: My Nokia 5530 is now working well. Thanks to http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090920225623AAiKicM it helped me a lot.

I had a problem of having failed messages even I have load and I tried putting my sim on different phone, and my sim worked. Therefore, the problem is on my phone. I tried everything to fix it but didn't work so I thought of formatting/resetting it.

Here's how:
**JUST TYPE *#7370# on the keys WITHOUT TURNING IT OFF. That's it! :smileyhappy: READY FOR A BIG SMILE! :smileyvery-happy:

GODBLESS! :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
Shienabuenaflor

grinjin

hi deepestblue.mi cannot turn on my 5530 even i use the hard reset code.its start to off when i install the new versio v40... something,then when im in the middle of installing, my pc was turned off or reset,after then my 5530 hangs and turn off and icant turn it on any more please help me..