Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5530 Turns off when making a call

Registered Member

Nokia 5530 Turns off when making a call

I have a real problem, my Nokia 5530 turns off if I try to make a call or receive one, the only way it will work is if the headset is pluggeed in, I have tried everything, Restoring Factory settings, Hard reset etc...

Anyone else have this problem? Help...

Cheers

Rob

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia 5530 Turns off when making a call

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same problem. I Went to a Nokia Care Point in Lisbon and they upgraded the firmware to the New one ( 11.0.054 ), but with no success. 

I tried old SIM Cards, Newest SIM Cards, With / Without Memory Card, Factory Settings, nothing Worked. I Guess it´s probably hardware, maybe a faulty battery.

I ´ll have to send it to repairment..it´s really upsetting. 

Message Edited by purex on 07-Oct-2009 11:26 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

same here.

mine freezes too. before it was about 50% of the time i received a call, when i tried to hang up it would freeze. now, after i updated to the latest firmware it freezes whenever i try to pick up an incoming call.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i do want to buy this phone rather than the 5800 whether when you are in a call, you can accidently hang up, by leaning on the end button? I can see that on the 5530 that the call and end button are touch screen rather than buttons like the 5800, does that mean whilst your in a call you can ‘accidently’ hang up?

- sorry i know this has nothing to so with battery, but if you have the phone, help me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

the 5530 has a proximity sensor that dims the screen and disables touch input when you put the phone to your ear.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Recently eevn my mobile has started freezng after hanging up on a call. I then have to remove the battery to come out of it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem, just when I am trying to make or to answer a call it goes black and turns off itself.

Have you been able to solve the problem? Does the reparation make the phone alive and stable again?

Annoying.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I still face the problem. I don have any solutions to it. Now a days the problem has increased.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

not sure if it's happening to all 5530's only solutions are to wait for a firmware upgrade or try getting it replaced.
Please use plain text.

same problem. tried everything: hard reset, firmware update...

I hope Nokia put lights on the issue.

Marco.

Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

Mines restaring upon receiving a call but when I have upgraded the firmware to v11.0.054, I didnt encounter the same issue as of now.. its been more than 2 weeks now.. ^ ^

Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

"How We Respond Is Who We Are..."
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had this problem

i sent it off to the manufacturers

it came back

worked beautifully

happened again

now i cant be arsed with it so i got a refund and bought a new different phone.

i have no solutions for you and i dont believe Nokia do either! 

Please use plain text.

annoying and unbelievable.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem, the phone dies when a make a call or when i have a incoming call, i think is problem of the proximity sensor, because when i use the headphones this doesn't happen. Help !!!! it's sad it was a great phone ..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had the same problem. Took it to the Care Point, went to repair. Since it came didn´t happen anymore.

According to the Repair sheet it was a signal reception / transmission issue. They tuned up those settings. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i had the same problem and tried everything that has been mentioned here, and then i take the memory card out, but with out stopping it first, inserted it back and the phone works fine now. Every now and then it freezes, but i suppose it is normal and they will fix it in an firmware update or something.
Please use plain text.

Hi,

You are absolutely correct edgarcn. I have the same problem but the phone works ok when i use my bluetooth headset.
Please use plain text.

I took my phone to nokia care. They know about that problem. There is an issue wtih some part that turns on speaker. Now im waintg, but the gu told me it will be fixed.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

guys ,,, great news .........................

it was announced that it is a sensor proplem with the nokia 5530XM .. mine was taken for 2 weeks then i got it back ,, and now it's working perfectly ........

* tru changing ur micro sd card first and see it it works ,, if it dosen't take it to nokia care to fix the sensor thing ..........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

exactly
Please use plain text.