Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Touch Screen

Registered Member

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Touch Screen

Hello,

I recently bought a Nokia 5530 XpressMusic and its working fine but for the past couple of days the touch screen to get to contacts nor the dialler is not working and I have tried to switch the phone on and off but with no joy can anyone please assist

Thanks

:-(

Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Touch Screen

HHi, I upgrade the firmware and after a couple of day I have the same problem. None of the shortcuts, dial buttons or dialpad is working. Did you had a solution?

Sage
umairkhan

Try hard reset to your phone but please be sure to backup all your data (Recommended)

Turn off your phone

Press and hold down the Call (green), End (red) and Camera keys.

Turn on the phone without releasing them. Leave these three keys only when you reach the Region selection screen.

Other method,

In case you have access to dial pad, you can try this reset. Type *#7370#. Enter the lock code. Default is 12345 or if you have set to your own then enters it. 

This take you back to factory setting but it doesn’t mean you’re firmware will go to previous version. I hope it helps?

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Sage
CJSS5

Backup any data and reinstall the latest firmware.

Then restore the bacjup onto your phone.

This works 99.9% of the time.

CJSS IT & Multimedia Solutions
http://cjss.eu.org

Was I Helpful? Please Kudos (To Kudos press the green star on the left, thanks.)
Registered Member
ahmadashfaq

I would like you to remind that nokia 5530 doesn't have any button that you can press like GREEN/RED key for hard reset..

SO is there any other method to hard reset?

THNX 

Sage
CJSS5

Type *#7370#. Enter the lock code. Default is 12345 or if you have set to your own then enters it.

CJSS IT & Multimedia Solutions
http://cjss.eu.org

Was I Helpful? Please Kudos (To Kudos press the green star on the left, thanks.)
Registered Member
RAMSABA

hi,

suddenly my 5530 express music cell is giving problems with touch screen.  I am unable to access   the menu . I have an updataed version  and yet the problem is not resolved.

can anyone guide me?

thanks

Mobile Overlord
farby

Do you mean the screen has gone dead and you can not access anything in the menu ? 

If so.. Remove the battery for about 30 secs.. Insert and see if it makes any difference... If not then connect the phone to PC and thru' OVI Suite first take back-up of your data.. Once done.. Re-install the latest Firmware ( ...you mentioned that you are already with the latest..)

If this also does not solve the problem then do a Hard Reset.

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/How-to-hard-reset-Nokia-5530XM/td-p/532498

Refer jimmyireland's post ( 12-09-2009 01:23 AM ) for how to do it..

If nothing helps then you will have to visit the Nokia Care..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...