Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5530 bugs and lacks

Advisor

[ Edited ]
Yes, send it back ! Its hardware.
Message Edited by mike7 on 01-Nov-2009 07:31 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

[ Edited ]
" Hey,

I got this phone 3 days ago and I am having a serious problem. Sometimes when the phone battery is full (according to the batery indicator) the phone shuts down and won't turn on until I plug it into the charger. When I plug it into the charger and take the charger out, suddenly the phone has only 1 bar for the battery even though it had 5 bars before it shut down. This happened twice already. The first time it happened on the same day I recharged the phone and the second time it was a day after. I only talked on the phone for about 10 minutes each time. 

Should I send it back?"

Make sure the initial charging should be 4 hours regardless if it is already prompting you that the battery is already full.  If issue persists, have it check by Nokia Care Center for further diagnosis and repair.

Message Edited by RhomANZ2 on 01-Nov-2009 11:11 PM
Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

"How We Respond Is Who We Are..."
Please use plain text.
Advisor

problem with the battery may b..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Bugs:

1. Cannot shut down alarm when phone is locked. On screen appears "stop" or "snooze", but neither of both works. The only button that works, is the red phone - button. Alarm goes in snooze. To shut down the alarm, i have to go to the alarm-menu and remove it.

2. When someone calls, I cannot answer unless i unlock the phone and accept the call. Doesn't it has to be possible to answer immediately by pressing the green phone-button???

Can someone confirm these bugs being general or not? Thank you!

Greetz,

Julien.

Message Edited by wacko007 on 02-Nov-2009 11:14 PM
Please use plain text.

You need to slide your finger on the screen. Follow the "stop" or "snooze", according to your wish ! Likewise for answering calls when locked. Regards
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Or you can just turn around your phone to snooze the alarm, this work also when your phone is ringing, when u turn your phone it will silence the call. This is inconvenience also as it is only snooze, we have to manual remove the alarm...

I just found another new problem on hardware side... first day i notice my camera got some particle inside. I thought it is some dust on the glass, but when i try to clean it, it is still there...since it is not so noticible, so I leave it there... but i found that it become worst and worst... the particle become many... it is not scratch of the screen... it is dust.. how come the dust will enter inside the lens? It affect my picture quality...

Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

"I just found another new problem on hardware side... first day i notice my camera got some particle inside. I thought it is some dust on the glass, but when i try to clean it, it is still there...since it is not so noticible, so I leave it there... but i found that it become worst and worst... the particle become many... it is not scratch of the screen... it is dust.. how come the dust will enter inside the lens? It affect my picture quality..."

I think the dust you are referring to is like a black foam sorrounding the lens of the camera.  I tought it was a dust at first.  The main lens of my 5530 is clear.  Check it again, if there is really a particle inside, have it check by Nokia Care Center.   Also, remove the plastic screen protector on lens if it is still in there.

Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

Please use plain text.
Advisor

unfortunately, it is at the center of the lens.... it is not at the black foam area.. Although when u capture image it is not so noticible, but I feel some how very unconfortable.. I wish to send it to NCC , but i lazy to wait for few week for self collect again.. I think I'll leave it first...

Did you guys having back cover loose also?  a lot of bugs and hardware problem for my 5530...

Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

Yes mines have a slight loose back cover so I put it a clear silicon case to protect the phone and for the back cover to be stable.   Frequent Software Update will be helpfull for issues.  For hardware issues contact Nokia Care Centers near you.  Most of the bugs have been fix by updating to v11.0.054 and now mines is not restarting, locking up, or any major issues..but I notice some of the same device still have same issues even after updating.. Lets hope Nokia will post a new update soon.
Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

Please use plain text.
Advisor

it is some loose battrey  problem i have sucessfully control by using some paper packing now battery has been tight
Please use plain text.
Advisor

it is not battery loose.. it is back cover not tight, feel **bleep**..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just been using the browser on mine again this morning after updating the firmware but I'm still getting random crashes with it closing down the browser and taking me back to the home screen.  It must of happened 3 times on me this morning in the space of 5 minutes
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey,

No bugs from my last post.

In both cases it was swiping the screen instead of pushing...

Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

"Just been using the browser on mine again this morning after updating the firmware but I'm still getting random crashes with it closing down the browser and taking me back to the home screen.  It must of happened 3 times on me this morning in the space of 5 minutes"

Are you using the default browser or third party browser such as Opera Mini?  Opera Mini 5 could lockup upon running on 5530.   If you are using these browser uninstall it look for a compatible browser.  If you find one, please let us know..

Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for reply, I'm using the default one.  It seemed to be ok this morning, but purposely did what I needed too quickly.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi.

Are there some bugs left after fw upgrade? 

I am thinking about changing my e51 which hangs when someone calls to 5530xm. 

Is it worth to change? I hate when phone hangs. 

Peace

Please use plain text.
Sage
RhomANZ2

Based on my observation, theres a slight delay changing from homescreen to menu.. and the battery life is somehow decrease,,

Nokia 5530 Xpress Music

v11.0.054

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Funny I was thinking that about the battery as well, but then mine never been right since day 1.  Original barely lasted a day before I had it changed
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just happened to look at my phone and noticed that it has just rebooted.  Maybe it didn't like me looking at it lol
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When I was looking into this phone, mentioned 5hrs standby on battery.  Mine was fully charged yesterday morning, didn't charge it last night, probably had1 or 2 calls on it, and get 3 bars left :smileysad:
Please use plain text.