Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5530 cannot enter lock code

Registered Member

Hello,

I turned on Auto Lock for the 5530.  It prompted me for my lock code so i used the default factory lock code 12345.  That worked, but then it told me that "Lock Code Expired".  Then a New Lock Code screen comes up.  I entered a new code, lets say 123456.  Confirmed the code.  Then I get an error message saying "Must contain both letters and numbers".  But the 5530 only allows me to enter numbers and symbol characters.  There are no letters to enter.  So I am totally locked out of my phone.

I tried a hard reset RED + GREEN + Photo buttons but that did not work.

Any tips?

Thanks so much,

Sam

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia 5530 cannot enter lock code

Hmmm...not sure why it would tell you it must contain only letters and numbers. Also weird that it told you the lock code expired.

Regarding your hard reset attempt, the 5530 doesn't have physical buttons, so use *#7370# as your hard reset method, but back up all your data first.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nharrison02

I have Re: Nokia 5530 cannot enter lock code

Hello,

I have the exact same problem now. I setup Lotus Traveler and enabled my code lock. When I entered the default code 12345, it asks for a new code with numbers and letters but I only have numbers available to choose on the keypad. So I am locked out and have had to go back to my old phone. There are no other options on the keypad.

Did you find a solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AJailani

Re: I have Re: Nokia 5530 cannot enter lock code

hold the # button down

Please use plain text.
Sage
babalao20

You people are very strange, how do you want him to type *#7370# on the screen to hard reset while his phone is lock? hehehehe you forget to tell him to keep on trying hard typing *#7370# on his phone. 

As for me i will just advice him to take his phone to one of those nokia care.

Please use plain text.
tique

Keep # button pressed, it will change the numeric keypad to alpha numeric. Now you can choose a code with both numbers and letters.

Atique

Please use plain text.
damianos3

i've change the lock code once but now i dont remember it. is there any solution?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The only solution is to get it Reset at Nokia Care..You will have to produce the proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice..)..to get this done.. You tend to lose data in absence of a back-up...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cdbn

Please use plain text.