Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5530 will not open web page

Contributor
daidaithesequel
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5530 will not open web page

Hi everyone,

I have a Nokia 5530 since christmas with latest firmware update. My problem is that when i click into the Internet, the screen just flashes and automatically closes. I tried it with connecting to Ovi Store and the same thing happens. I am using my wireless modem to connect to the Internet and it has never once given me a problem, just today it started acting up. Another detail is when i use other applications such as Software Update or using Ovi maps, it will download easily, but just wont open web pages even though it is connected,

Please help

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

[ Edited ]

NSU and Nokia Maps are special programs for updating reasons only. If you want to browse the internet , you've to use WLAN or gprs (3g) on the 5530.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor
daidaithesequel

Ok cheers, but im using WLAN and it connects perfectly but the web pages wont come up at all, the minute it i click on anything that has to be up a webpage it just closes it automatically.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Oke, clean the browser privacy data and turn off the power saving in the advanced settings of WLAN.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daidaithesequel

I tried to clear the privacy data but it would not clear the cache. it would do the same as if i was trying to open a web page....it would just bring up a screen then instantly close. I also turned off the powersaving and the problem is still there. i cleared cookies and history but it wont allow me to clear the cache.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Reset the 5530. Dial *#7370# 12345 reformat, you'll lose all data. Make a backup first and restore without the settings.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daidaithesequel

Cheers that worked perfectly! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sollie

Ive done this and it worked too now my only problem is, when i go to connect online my phone is to give me the option of which server i wanted to connect through eg meteor/eircom/other etc but now it is just going straight through meteor and using my credit, i have configured my phone to eircom and when i go into connectivity settings it will connect through that server then but not if say i just go directly to facebook app.

im not very technically, sorry so if i worded some things wrong i apolgise

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

sollie wrote:

Ive done this and it worked too now my only problem is, when i go to connect online my phone is to give me the option of which server i wanted to connect through eg meteor/eircom/other etc but now it is just going straight through meteor and using my credit, i have configured my phone to eircom and when i go into connectivity settings it will connect through that server then but not if say i just go directly to facebook app.

im not very technically, sorry so if i worded some things wrong i apolgise

It's oke. In Facebook options set your accesspoint to always ask before connecting aswell as other apps like your browser, etc..... Change packet-data settings from when available to when needed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sollie

worked perfectly. thank you so much

Please use plain text.