Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5530 xpressmusic doesnt turn ON!

mango123
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5530 xpressmusic doesnt turn ON!

Hello,

My nokia 5530 xpressmusic is dead

it doesnt turn on

it only shows "Nokia" screen :smileyindifferent:

What do i do about this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

First confirm that battery is charged.. Put on charge for atleast 2 hrs and try switching on.. If still no luck then follow the Hard Reset procedure in the below thread..

/t5/Hardware-Codes-and-Operator/Nokia-5530-Hard-Reset-No-keypad/m-p/579435#M16989

Pl. be aware that all the data from phone memory will be lost with this. Hope you have a back-up.

If this also doesn't work, visit Nokia care.. but in this case also you tend to lose your data in absence of a back-up..

Please use plain text.
mango123

I did that hard reset procedure

but still its only WHITE SCREEN!

its not working

and buttons are so hard that i cant press them?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry.. but if Hard Reset does not work.. you will have to show it at Nokia care..

Please use plain text.
mango123

My nokia is dead IT ONLY SHOWS WHITE SCREEN
AND There are only 3 buttons
AND THEY ARE SO HARD THAT I CANT PRESS THEM
WAT SHOULD I DO
-throws mobile-
Please use plain text.
Advisor
majogh

I don't think you can do a hard reset on 5530 without being able to bring up the dialler keys and putting in a code. Two things you can try: 1. Remove the battery for a while then try again. 2. Turn off phone or remove battery, then remove the memory card if you have one, then restart without the card. Sometimes a corrupt file on the card can prevent the phone starting. If this works you may need to reformat or replace the card. Other than that a trip to a service centre may be needed. good luck.
Please use plain text.
mango123

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Please use plain text.
mulumbu

hello,my nokia doesnt turn on,when i turn on it shows "nokia" on white screen then shows "phone start up failed contact the ratailer"
it is nokia 5530 xpress music touch screen.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

mulumbu wrote:
hello,my nokia doesnt turn on,when i turn on it shows "nokia" on white screen then shows "phone start up failed contact the ratailer"
it is nokia 5530 xpress music touch screen.

You need to take it to your local Nokia Care ...

Please use plain text.