Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 / Bluetooth Peripheral Device unabl...

robbie_ride

Nokia 5800 / Bluetooth Peripheral Device unable to find driver

I recently connected my Nokia 5800 to my bluetooth connection on my Windows 7 Ultimate pc of which downloads and installs the drivers from Windows Update

This works fine for the most part but i am left with 3x Bluetooth Peripher Device enteries showing in Device Manager and a Yellow Exclimation Mark located next to the Nokia 5800 device icon in Device and Printers but i cannot seem to find out what drivers are missing, even Windows Update find nothing for these enteries.

I have the latest version of Ovi Suite installed on my computer but this does not install any bluetooth drivers, I have the latest drivers for my Trust 16008 Bluetooth dongle but these 3x Bluetooth Peripheral Device enteries only appear when i connect the Nokia 5800 to bluetooth. I have also tried to locate the drivers from the support CD but this fails also.

I have tried looking on Nokia Discussions for a solution but it seems i am not the only person that is having the problem with these enteries in Device Manager and no drivers for them.

It seems that Nokia has not released the relevent drivers therefor full Bluetooth Driver installation is incomplete.

I would like Nokia to fully rectify the situation and explain why these drivers are missing and if they will be released.

The device ID's are

BTHENUM\{00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_VID&00010001_PID&006e

BTHENUM\{00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f

BTHENUM\{00005601-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_VID&00010001_PID&006e

BTHENUM\{00005601-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f

BTHENUM\{00005557-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_VID&00010001_PID&006e

BTHENUM\{00005557-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f

Thanks

Robbie Ride

Please not that the Add Attachments link was not working at the time of this post

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5800 / Bluetooth Peripheral Device unable to find driver

Same Problem here!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue.

What I think fixed it was plugging in my mobile (6300) via USB. It then installed all sorts of  modem devices etc.

After that I plugged in my BT adapter into a different USB port and magically it all installed correctly! Don't ask me why though ...

(forgot to mention that I think I may have tried an "Update driver" on the driver afterwards)

Message Edited by mrb08 on 28-Jan-2010 04:00 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I think I have the same problem.

Bluetooth worked for somee time with windows 7 than it has stopped.

Uninstalled the device and tried to reinstall it again.

The problem is that Bluetooth Perfierial Device drivers are not found, therefor not installed.

So bluetooth connection does not work.

Any tips to fix this? Or just sit and wait until Microsoft releases the drivers?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Same problems occured on 1 of my vista platform. The problems might be caused by windows installed drivers before pcsuite had. One could transfer files, forward audio to nokia phones without pcsuite being installed, provided windows already had supported bluetooth drivers.

Hope this help:

If pcsuite had been installed and can communicate with the phone via bluetooth without problems. But the 3 "bluetooth peripheral device" drivers appeared in the windows' device manager page. Please try this (this MIGHT work):

(1) exit all pcsuite, sync (make sure it's NOT just minimized in windows' system tray)

(2) open control panel - bluetooth devices, if something like "your model of nokia phone" found, select it & delete it. The 3 not found drivers will be removed (as was deleted by previous step)

(3) open pcsuite, go to Settings - Manage Connections - highlight your Bluetooth connection, Select "configure"... follow pcsuite's instructions...  paired up your phone again after a few clicks and key presses "Yes" on the phone to allow connections from PC to phone...

The 3 drivers should be reinstall properly: nokia ???? bluetooth modem, nokia portable device, (may be) serial port (com ??) over bluetooth link

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks!

The above worked for me as well using windows 7 and Nokia OVI Suite (new version of PC Suite) although I didn't even have to do any reconfig in step 3, just run the app

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yeah, now it works. Thanks a lot mate.

As it was said before, the method you described works just fine with OVI Suit as well.

What I did was

1. delete the Nokia 5800 device from the Control Panel

2. then deleted it from OVI as well

Then simply added the device again from OVI Suit. It's important to add it from OVI and not from Windows, as it somehow cannot get the device driver that way.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cybro

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update
Fixes missing Win 7 drivers for Belkin USB Bluetooth device and 5800 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gpeter

Brilliant qubuqu 

Thanks, that sorted out my problem too

Thanks for taking the time to help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gpeter

Nice try cybro

I found this too to try and get the drivers

The app starts to run but never finds the Bluetooth Device - its there right enough too, cos I'm able to use it

Tried running the app from a reboot etc, all to no avail

Shame, thought I'd sorted it

Please use plain text.

thanks. it works
Please use plain text.

sori. not really work
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bastoe

Thank you so much ^_^

Brilliant !!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Robindia186

Thanks a lot qubucu, I had the same problem with Vista for my 5800, I tried several options without any result, now it works perfectly thanks to your solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
babai84

i have a n73 music edition and wanted to use it with my windows 7 pc.

Faced the same problem as mentioned here.

But your solution worked like a charm.

Just did the following:

1) removed my nokia from bluetooth devices list.

2) opened ovi suite and clicked "add new device"

3) selected "bluetooth" for connection type.

4) just followed on with the instructions.

now everything is working just fine.

Thanks a lot qubuqu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krishcomp

hi :smileyvery-happy:

Greattttttttt job. Thanks for the info. Its working now

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OoDUBMANoO

YOU ARE A  LEGEND!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A MILLION.

WORKED PERFECTLY EXACTLY AS YOU DESCRIBED

It's so embarresingly obvious.

I work with technology and I would have been messing with this for ages (uninstall/reinstall etc.)

Nokia software is not smart enough to replace the windows drvers if the phone is already connected in windows BT control panel.

Even worse, if this info is in the Nokia support/install instructions I can't find it or even a reference to it anywhere???

A typical non-technical user would be driven mad by this if they didn't stumble upon it first time.

Take a bow and carry on...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BudgieW

[ Edited ]
Thanks a lot babai84 That is the solution - Legend Using my 20/20 hintsight vision the answer is obvious the nokia software installs the drivers when the new device is added, However if the device is already there then Nokia software thinks that that means the drivers are also there.
Please use plain text.
ravendawson

I had this same problem with my 5800 express music. Tried to update bluetooth peripheral device from a driver downloads site and it worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Top man ! . Stupid to have to do this but thats life :smileyvery-happy: Those three exclamation marks were taunting me .

Please use plain text.