Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 Clock Screensaver

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Clock Screensaver

Hi, I am just wondering if it is possible to have a clock screensaver on my Nokia 5800 - such as CClock or something like that - I used to ahve it on my S60 V3 N95 8GB, but can't seem to see anywhere on the Nok 5800 where it lets you use a screensaver such as C Clock.  I am currently on Firmware V.11.0.009 which is the most up to date firm ware available to me in Ireland?

Thanks in advance

Dljitx

DLJ
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia 5800 Clock Screensaver

[ Edited ]

Hi Again :smileyvery-happy:

Unfortunately nothing like that is available for the 5800xm yet with it being a new operating system and interface type.  I looked into it last week.

I'm sure someone will develop something at some stage, if it's possible.

Message Edited by psychomania on 11-Feb-2009 11:05 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks again Psychomania
DLJ
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You are welcome :smileyhappy:

If I find anything I will let you know.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks mate, I appreciate that,

Chat soon

ps, do you know of any good sites that you can download free software / games from - I know of a few - mosh, mobile9.com & tube5800.com, do you know of any more? Thanks

Dljitx

DLJ
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Symbian freak has some good stuff:

www.symbian-freak.com/downloads/freeware/cat_s60_5th/00_index_5th_ed.htm

For commercial software try these two:

www.smartphoneware.com/s60-5th-edition-software.php

http://nokia-5800-xpress-music-software.epocware.com/index.html

Be careful if you are using themes or apps for the S60v3 operating system that run on startup.  As a precaution you should install them onto the memory card.  Some apps and themes can prevent the phone from booting up correctly, if that happens you can just remove the memory card.

Please use plain text.

Hello,

Does anything like a clock screensaver with info regarding messages or missed calls still not exist ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately nothing exists yet.

The light on the phone's menu key will notify you of missed calls/messages.

Message Edited by psychomania on 30-Mar-2009 10:04 AM
Please use plain text.

Thank you for your quick answer ! :smileyhappy:

It's a pity... I hope something like this will soon arrive, otherwise I think it is kind of a regression to have a completely black screen, like a vulgar samsung phone :smileysad:

Should you know about something arriving, don't hesitate to fill this topic ! ;-)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Completely blank screens are going to become a common sight on most phones from most manufacturers.  It's all about making the battery last as long as possible and being "green".

I'm sure someone will find a way, like cclock did on the N96.  I will post here if I hear about anything.

Please use plain text.

You are probably right for the "green" trend.

But honestly, it a bit too simple for manufacturers to make a blank screen...  

I really think that what already exists for example on my Nokia 6500S (I don't remember the Symbian version) is not that consuming energy to provide minimal informations into only a small part of the screen and this could probably even be improved (and I'm pretty sure it will be in the future, but this HAS to go very slowly to always offer new models with small improvements each time).

Anyway, I'm getting out of the subject :-)

Thank you for your responses. I will be attentive to future posts on this topic !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nookr

Please use plain text.

I really really miss that cClock screensaver on my Nokia 5800 XM. I had it on my n95 8gb and i liked it alot, it was VERY useful.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

Battery consumption by the screen-saver on most of the handsets is very low. However those have a transflective display that you can see with ambient light when the phone's backlight is off. The 5800 does not have this kind of display. However the same is true of the N85 and the upcoming N86 and Nokia has been able to come up with solutions for those so it's probably only a matter of time.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

@ sockatume.

So what you are saying is that cClock would'nt work on Nokia 5800 even if it had screensaver as an option?

Message Edited by tetra on 16-May-2009 01:37 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

It would work, but you'd need some way of temporarily lighting up the screen, by tapping it say. I'm not sure how that would work for that device.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Ok, in that case it would be pointless (as a screensaver). If i have to activate the screen in order to see the cklock i mind as well use the original clock.

I will relly miss it (cClock), rest in peace.

Thanks sockatume for your reply.

Message Edited by tetra on 17-May-2009 12:20 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Now there is something that comes as close to a traditional clock screensaver without wasting too much battery life for backlight. PulseTime is a screensaver where the time lights up in regular intervals. It is implemented as an app that behaves like a screensaver...
Please use plain text.
ajaykumargaur

Re: Nokia 5230 Clock Screensaver

Hi,

I tried in nokia 5230, it is not working.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia 5230 Clock Screensaver

There's an app called keylock clock. Also Slide unlock. Both of these are screen lock apps which put messages, clocks, and missed calls on screen. Slide unlock also has a nice screenlock wallpaper/screensaver function.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.