Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 Dialer and Contact Button Not Working

Registered Member

Nokia 5800 Dialer and Contact Button Not Working

Before i updated the phone software, i avoid it by using the contacts bar home screen theme; the contact button and dialer seem to work only in that layout, which i didn't mind. But now, after the update, and since there no other way to access the dialer im kinda screwed...$300 phone with no that can't dial how embarrassing

If anyone know the cause or cure for this problem plz help 

Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Re: Nokia 5800 Dialer and Contact Button Not Working

I had this same issue with one of my friend's Nokia 5800XM ..

The only is to ..

Hard Reset, just press and hold GREEN call button + RED end button + CAMERA button and switch on the phone from off state and wait until the nokia logo comes out.

Re-prepare ure lost applications, however the memory card data intacts, remember to do a contacts backup using Nokia file manager and restore it later on.

TQ

I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.

I got the same problem as well. I hope nokia technicans really focus on this serious problem that exist long time ago right now instead of doing those fancy things in every update. Reflashing is not the solution. A phone that has no dialer? So i bought a phone but i cant dial! What a joke.
Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Its not the hardware / fone device fault, its the user's fault :smileyhappy: my friend has the same issue, this is due to application clashes. Thats all, solved by resetting the fone :smileyhappy:
I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
IAMClient

[ Edited ]

I got the same problem! This is very serious! These buttons do not work in any mode of the main screen! And also the shortcuts do not work in my case the icons do not appear. I hope nokia will solve the problem quickly, I had left a good feedback about the software updater!

I tried hard-reset but does not work! Does nothing! Help me!

Please use plain text.
drbrahm

I did the upgrade today and got this  problem too.. that is a real shame.

we need a fix asap.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Add_sum

I have had a similar but different problem with the new software. I can't stop an alarm with the touchscreen buttons. Very annoying! Anyone got any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Add_sum

Further to my previous post - it appearsthe problem only occurs with calendar entries which have been first entered in Outlook with a reminder and then are synchronised to the calendar on my phone. If I make a calendar entry with a reminder directly on the phone the reminder looks completely different and I can cancel it OK.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
claudiotejos

Only for statistics, the same thing happened to me, changing the theme to "sound waves". Hard reset worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rtgh

same exact problem, can not stop the alarm after updating. I always trusted nokia but I had so many problems with this phone i  do not know any more. hope they will come with a fix soon. thinking about changing to i phone soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emmajw

The hard reset worked for me as suggested by Xploitmachine.
You need to back it up first as it really does get rid of EVERYTHING!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skydook

hey that happens to me too I'm so **bleep**, did you fixed yours?

chieftank wrote:

Before i updated the phone software, i avoid it by using the contacts bar home screen theme; the contact button and dialer seem to work only in that layout, which i didn't mind. But now, after the update, and since there no other way to access the dialer im kinda screwed...$300 phone with no that can't dial how embarrassing

chieftank wrote:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
techy4other

Hi ,

Pls help me . my nokia 5800 'Call Button' ( Green Color one ) is not working.

Eventhough I press it , nothing is happening. And Call Key is not working,.

I did hard reset and memory card format, and I reistalled my nokia firmware software by using nokia software update.

Still Its not working. I am unable to make a call even by using call button or call key ( touch screen ).

Hope you understand what is problem.

Is there any software , I can make call by using phone conctacts ( NOT VoIP software ).

Please help me ... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.