Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 Home Screen notifications on missed...

Contributor
jhsgiwgf
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Home Screen notifications on missed calls and new messages stopped showing

Hi!

I have a problem with text boxes at the homescreen bottom about new messages and missed calls. Those notifications are not showing any more. I guess it happened since I installed BestBlacklist free applications from ovi site. Then I uninstalled that application and even restored factory settings, but notifications didn't come back. At the same time notification lights and logs working OK. How can I make those home screen notifications back?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5800 Home Screen notifications on missed calls and new messages stopped showing

If you have a large no. of messages stored on your phone, delete as many as possible from all sub-folders of Messaging. Ig you need to keep them, Back-up or Sync on your PC thru' Nokia Suite.

If this is not the case, first Back-up all important data thru' Nokia Suite and then re-install the Firmware to check if the problem gets resolved.

Else, you may need to Soft Reset the phone by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default code unless changed by you) when prompted. Be warned that this will erase all data from the Phone Memory..so back-up your important data before proceeding. Once done, restore the data. You may need to re-install a few applications.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhsgiwgf

Re: Nokia 5800 Home Screen notifications on missed calls and new messages stopped showing

Thanks farby! I have about 740 messages in all folders(max is set to 999), but how can it also impact on missed call notifications?

It it really so bad that resetting phone is the only solution?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sometimes it acts wierdly..Atleast try the first option of Back-up / Sync.. Then decide upon the Reset ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhsgiwgf

Making hard reset did the trick. But resetting the phone each time some bad application (approved by Nokia BTW) installed - that is ridiculous! And don't use BestBlacklist: in fact it is worst!!!
Please use plain text.