Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 RM-428 software update

Registered Member
mark5ter17

Nokia 5800 RM-428 software update

Hello, I have a Nokia 5800 from Rogers with software version 31.2.101. I have heard about the new software 52.0.007 and I was wondering how can i download/upgrade to it. I have used both the Nokia Ovi Suite and the Software Updater but no avail. Both of them read "no update available." Is it because my phone is locked to Rogers and they do not allow the update or is there anyway I can bypass and install the new software. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

Re: Nokia 5800 RM-428 software update

Update depending on your product code/network, so you have to wait until Rogers approve 52.007. other methods will not allow to discuss here

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mark5ter17

Thanks for the reply. Thing is I dont think Rogers really cares about its old or discontinued products so I guess if they don't approve I'll give them a call

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

5800 pretty old but i don't think it's a discontinued model yet.

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
tzsm98

I have 51.2.007 installed in my Nokia 5800 (RM-428) Product Code 0561618. NSU v3.0.223 indicates that mine us up to date. Unless they add a featue like cover flow to the media player I don't know what they would be doing in this update. It runs pretty good now. Big improvement over v21 and especially over v40, which resulted in Nokia replacing my handset.

3390 - 6103b - 6133 - 6290 - 6301b - N78-3 - 5610d-2b XpressMusic - 5800d-1b XpressMusic, N900 RX-51, N8-00, C7 Astound, 808 Pureview, Lumia 1020.
Nicer phones and still no one calls me!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

mark5ter17 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Thing is I dont think Rogers really cares about its old or discontinued products so I guess if they don't approve I'll give them a call

Agree with milesh's post but there is absolutely nothing wrong in calling up Rogers..Best of Luck..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.