Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 Shortcut Key light stays on

Registered Member
Euu89

Apparently this issue with the button light always on is caused by condensed water vaporss in the phone, either from rain or staying in the bathroom with the phone, etc. As we all know water and electronics don't get along to good. I myself have the same problem with my 5230, the difference is, after I reset to factory settings the three buttons stay off for good, they only go on and stay on after I recharge, with the phone off, and after I start it back up. I'm trying to dry my phone over a heat source that is not excessively hot, like the back of a TV or a dvdplayer,etc to see if it will fix the issue.

The funny thing is, and I suggest everybody with this problem try this, my phone lights present the normal behavior of the button lights dimming down with the screen and turning of at phone lock only when I'm recharging the phone while it's turned off.

These means the phone can also perform corectly from this point of view but why won't it do the same when it's turned on.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanyas

[ Edited ]

To, Occi: You saved me :smileyhappy:))). This is the answer - the settings I couldn't think of by myself.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kirko

People!!!

I had the problem with the xpressmusic button (the light was always on)

I found the solution. I remembered that this happened to me when I was charging the phone.

I just took out the battery and then I plugged the charger. The light turned on when I plugged the charger but after a few seconds it turned off. Then I put the battery again and the **bleep**ing light turned on again.

So, I tried again but this time I waited for 1 minute. After this, I connect tha battery and the light was off!!!!

Again:

- Take out the battery

- Without battery, connect the charger to your cellphone.

- The light will turn on and after some seconds it will turn off

- Wait 1 minute

- COnnect the battery and there you are!!

I hope that it works for you. I lost one complete day until I found this solution.

Muchos saludos

Orlando

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Indian85

Thanx Euu89,

I have done exactly the same what you have said, My phone is working rocking now ... thanxxxx

I gone to a trip and got my phone dried with water since then i was getting this problem.

i have put it on .. TV set (running TV) and now its working fine

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Catalinpru

Indian85, how long did it take to dry out the phone. I kept my on a heating source for 2 nights and the light its still on, should I keet it more?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
valmetovi

Im sorry to bump this very old topic, but as my 5800 has the same problem because of water damage, i have one question. Is the problem in phone or the lights? I have chance to get a old 5800 from my friend which has 100% functional button lights. So, is this problem caused by the phone water damage, or are the lights damaged, so i mean would it help at all to change red, white and green button thing and the part which has front camera and that light? Is the problem in phone or the lights, if its in phone, it wouldnt help to change the buttons, right?

Please use plain text.