Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 WLAN Network Password Change

Contributor

Nokia 5800 WLAN Network Password Change

Hey guys,

I have a Nokia 5800 with FW v20.

I have been successfully using the phone on my wifi network for a while. Today i changed my WEP password (as a security measure) on my router. I was able to change the password on my laptop succesfully and i can use the internet through it.

The problem is that my phone shows the network as 'Known', and hence tries to connect with the old password. It somehow still connects, but now i can't browse the internet at all. I'm sorry if I'm missing some very obvious option here, but I'd like to know how i can be able to input the new password and connect to the Network. i checked WLAN settings, but there doesn't appear to be a 'forget' or 'delete' option. How do i go about this ?  I've tried changing a couple of the settings that were already there, Like 'Show WLAN availibility' and 'Internet Connectivity Test' but they don't appear to be related to this.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
android

Re: Nokia 5800 WLAN Network Password Change

Delete the default access point for wlan, if you haven't done it yet. Then redo what you have done previously(scan for available wlan, keys & havng it(your wlan) as the access point.

Knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted!

If you find it helpfull, it's not hard to click the STAR..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Cannot Connect Wifi Please Reply

Hi all

I have Nokia 5800 too

I can't connect to Wifi, but my friend that have E63 can connect in the same place...

I want to ask how to connect to Wifi server if i don't know the Wifi server name???

This is my Wifi setting :

-Show WLAN availability : Never

-Internet Connectivity test : Never Run

***Advance setting***

-Automatic configuration : Disabled

-Long Retry Limit: 4

-Short Retry Limit: 7

-RTS threshold : 2347

-TX power level : 100mW

-Radio measurements : Enabled

-Power Saving : Enabled

***End of setting***

Should i change my setting??

Please tell me the true setting..

Please use plain text.

Re: Cannot Connect Wifi Please Reply

Dear Android

I am not as technically minded as others, sorry :'(

Can you guide me throught the various screens and function i need to go thorugh to change my password on my wireless connection.

basically explain what you said above but in steps on my 5800

MY router password ahs changed and i cant connect any more

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Try this:

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Destinations > Internet

Find your connection, highlight it then press: Options > Edit > WLAN security settings

In there you can change the password (pre-shared key).

If that fails just delete the connection and create a new one.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

hello frnd plzz solve my problem i have 5800xm but i m unable to use wifi\waln on mobile

i have a wifi modem   rt2561_6 my mob connect to the modem easily but when i start browsing it say's 'web way gate no reply'  plz tell me what is the problem. i nothing do with the settings plzzz tell me frnd

plzz reply me here i m very very very thank ful to u 

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to post your personal email address on a public forum.

Message Edited by concordia on 18-Apr-2009 05:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have xpress music  5800. what is pre-shared key for WLAN:how can i know it 
Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Logon to ure router itself as an administrator via computer, and u can see the WEP/WPA2 which has been set there, otherwise consult the person whom manages the network i.e Administrator.

TQ

I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Pre-shared key for WLAN is kind of protected password.

It is needed to log WLAN.

Only available with WLAN Users.

You can not get it free.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deepeshmishra

Re: Cannot Connect Wifi Please Reply [ New ] Options I am also having this same problem if you found the way for this please tell me 18-Apr-2009 09:56 AM - last edited on 18-Apr-2009 10:18 AM by concordia Ex-Moderator (Retired) hello frnd plzz solve my problem i have 5800xm but i m unable to use wifi\waln on mobile i have a wifi modem rt2561_6 my mob connect to the modem easily but when i start browsing it say's 'web way gate no reply' plz tell me what is the problem. i nothing do with the settings plzzz tell me frnd plzz reply me here i m very very very thank ful to u
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

deepeshmishra wrote:
Re: Cannot Connect Wifi Please Reply [ New ] Options I am also having this same problem if you found the way for this please tell me 18-Apr-2009 09:56 AM - last edited on 18-Apr-2009 10:18 AM by concordia Ex-Moderator (Retired) hello frnd plzz solve my problem i have 5800xm but i m unable to use wifi\waln on mobile i have a wifi modem rt2561_6 my mob connect to the modem easily but when i start browsing it say's 'web way gate no reply' plz tell me what is the problem. i nothing do with the settings plzzz tell me frnd plzz reply me here i m very very very thank ful to u

You copied the entire post from somebody else. Please, explain in your own words.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rocus

[ Edited ]

Hi guys!

I have a Nokia 5800 for few days before, but I haven't got the Network password ,if you can help me to unlock it , please kindly add my MSN :.  you will get the commission  when you achieve success....

Urgently

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

edit post

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
redstu3486

All of the above posts failed until I stumble across this option!

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Destinations > Internet

Find your connection, highlight it then press: Options > Edit > WLAN security settings

In there you can change the password (pre-shared key).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
baxanjalal

i have nokia xpress music 5800.how can i know the pre-shared key for wlan.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nishan2

Hi dear, i had a problem. i just wanted to delete my wifi network. bt i couldn't.....
the way what u said was success full. thank u very much.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
calgiles1202

delete a pre-shared key for nokia n8 settings....connectivity...settings.....destinations.....internet then click and hold down the connecton u want to delete. .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MarkHNZ

Tks. Perfect solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
desh2

Re: Cannot Connect Wifi Please Reply. Thanks. Works very well. Just make an effort to locate the truant connection, delete it and re-install.

Thanks. Works very well. Just make an effort to locate the truant connection, delete it and re-install

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sprasan17

thanks

Please use plain text.