Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 XM battery problem

rover886

Nokia 5800 XM battery problem

hi to all users,

i am using nokia 5800 xm.i have an problem with this model regarding battery.when i connect to charger to mobile it show charging but after some time when i unplug the charger from mobile it will show low battery and after restarting the device it will indicate full battery bars

can any one help me.....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by.. 'after some time when i unplug the charger from mobile....'. Are you doing it after it shows 'Battery Full' and the Bars stops moving.. or when it is still charging ? Let the Battery get fully charged( thae bars stop moving..) and see what happens ?

BTW how much does it last between charges ?

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
rover886

Thanks farby for ur valuable response and suggestion I'll try to do full charge

when it is still charging I have such problem .means after the 1 hour if I unplug the charger the battery bars have to be increased but it is not happening.......

Please use plain text.
Eppie

i have exactly the same problem.

already got a new battery - no improvement.
been back to nokia - no improvement

have the newest os/software

last time i let the battery charge for 60 hours!!! and still got no message that battery was full, indicator was still moving.

now the indicator jumps from full till almost empty and back.

if i disconnect charger, i get the message battery almost empty.
turn phone off and on again, indicator says full.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Take back-up of your data.. and Go for Firmware Update / Re-install..If that does not help..do a Soft Reset by dialing *#7370#   followed by 12345 (Default code) when prompted. If you have set your own code..use that instead. Be warned that Soft Reset will erase all data from the Phone memory and Restore will be necessary.. You will also have to re-install some of the applications..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.