Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Compatible to download Ovi...

Teresa_2010uk
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Compatible to download Ovi Maps???

I am after buying a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music and I also need a car sat nav. Can you download Ovi Maps on this phone because it says its not compatible on the store but I know someone that has the phone and has Ovi Maps too. If I can get Ovi Maps on this phone then I will go ahead and buy it because thats one of the main easons for buying it. Please help. Thank you :-D

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gerryw39

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Compatible to download Ovi Maps???

I'vehadthe same phone for ages and the  Ovi GPS is brill. I've even downloaded maps for Australia and it works! Used it in Spain to find nice tapas restaurants in Palma majorco. Need to ensure its up to date. I alays down loaded on a my wifi as its much quicker.

Good luck

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Teresa_2010uk wrote:

I am after buying a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music and I also need a car sat nav. Can you download Ovi Maps on this phone because it says its not compatible on the store but I know someone that has the phone and has Ovi Maps too. If I can get Ovi Maps on this phone then I will go ahead and buy it because thats one of the main easons for buying it. Please help. Thank you :-D

The Maps application comes pre-installed on this Model. Connect the phone to PC and thru' Nokia_Suite update the application to the latest version and also download and install latest Maps Data  / Voice Guidance files that you need..As mentioned by Gerryw39 , it works wonderfully well...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Usual Nokia shambles

Ovi store says:-

Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.

5800 Support page says:-

More about Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
No wonder Nokia is in a tailspin.
Please use plain text.
Teresa_2010uk

Thank you all for your help. Think I will invest in this phone then :-D

Please use plain text.