Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Bluetooth Problem

FulgoreSama

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Bluetooth Problem

I'm having problems with my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone and need help with its bluetooth. I wish to be able to activate the bluetooth and I get the "unable to perform bluetooth operation" and I already read from someone saying it was like a virus which is pretty much impossible. I recieved this phone from someone for one hundred dollars and he got his from Nokia I assume for his had been stolen, took too long to recieve back and he switched providers so I got it basically brand new and I've never been able to get the bluetooth to work. Can I get some clear and detailed instruction as to how to repair this problem. Answer me back Asap.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Bluetooth Problem

Although this would delete all data on phone I would suggest that you carry out three keys depressed Red, Green and Camera "hard reset" whilst powering on until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears to exclude any software corruption.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
FulgoreSama

[ Edited ]

I've already attempted this and it still has the problem, anymore ideas?

I do believe I mentioned that It's been like this ever since I purchased my phone, Am I cursed to not have bluetooth as an avaliable options on my phone?

Info I forgot to include:

My firmware is 31.2.101

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
faisaldin

fulgore: dude i was also having the same problem. so i went up to my nearest nokia care, n the result was my bluetooth module had been corrupted .so i had to replace it with new module. after replacing it my bluetooth was working nice .
i am sure that ur phones bluetooth module is damaged. see to it
Please use plain text.
MarkHerskind

Just as Faisaldin, I've had the same problem, and tried all sorts of stuff.. I ended up returning the phone and got a new one.. It seems to be a general problem with this phone.. :/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rvpind

Dude,

I'm from Chennai, India.

I have the same problem.

How much did replacing the bluetooth module cost you?

Please use plain text.
Stodgie1

I've updated my software by debranding my 5800, which I knew would invalidate my warranty, but if the software is still working fine (which it is) and my bluetooth and radio are STILL not working will they be able to replace the hardware under warranty?
Please use plain text.