Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Working solution to Nokia 5800 Battery Drain after...

Contributor
Kirru

Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Battery Now lasts only around 4 hours after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

After i Update firmware my batter is lasts around only 3 to 4 hours i seen any applications , therez application called SecureWizardPreInstaller, but its not openeing and its not closing what it is all baout how to solve my problem?? And also my mobile became dead slow, plz help me quickly

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Battery Now lasts only around 4 hours after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

[ Edited ]

battery saving

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=125

also is does not do any hard to reset once a while

back up data use this code ti reset

*#7370# security code 12345

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
finmoto

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Battery Now lasts only around 4 hours after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

Hi all,

thanks Jimmy for Battery Saving advices, but even if all those taken in consideration, I have to agree with the Battery Draining with the new 500005 version.

Also the Secure Widget Preinstaller is on all the time, and the phone is dead slow.

Questions:

-what was suppose to change with this new version ?

-how do I go back to the v4xxxxx version ?

I am in Finland, until now the 5800 is the best there is, scrolls great, superfast GPS etc.

Now with new sw version a HUGE step back. WHat did I do wrong ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
masax

I have exactly the sameproblems with the battery (and I have the secure widget pre installer on). Have tried hard reset etc. Phone is also very slow now. How is the memory card formatted, seems to be the only thing left to do...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
finmoto

I found corrective actions here:

/t5/Software-Updates/5800-V50-0-005-FW-Bug-Secure-Widget-Installer-loop-phone/td-p/672947

though I lost my address book etc..... :smileyvery-happy:   I did back up to memory card but after 7370 it did not find any. ..... 

Please use plain text.
ytiger

Working solution to Nokia 5800 Battery Drain after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

[ Edited ]

I had this problem too but I just found a solution to it.

there's good news and bad, the bad news you'll have to do your settings again but the good news that the battery is working as before and the battery in my phone is almost full after 24 hours, where as before it would drain completely after 6 hours even if the phone was just sitting on the table without calls.

what you need to do is:

1. make a backup of the phone.

2. make a hard reset by entering this code: *#7370#

3. answer yes when ask to load factory defaults

4. enter the phone code: 12345

5. after the phone is turn on again go through the initial settings and restore the backup but don't restore phone settings.

and last step is to choose the settings you like on the phone.

Please use plain text.
gustavowd

Re: Working solution to Nokia 5800 Battery Drain after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

There is a problem with the v50 firmware.
I used the Nokia Energy Profiler app to verify that. My phone usually consumes 0.04W in standby. When I go to work (10 miles from my house), the phone starts to consume 0.25w. This is the problem. If i reboot the phone, the consume returns to 0.04W. When i go back to my home, same problem. I think the problem is related to the exchange of cellular antennas.

PS.: Yes, i did all the sugestion to solve the problem ... hard reset ... battery remove and ... etc ... etc

Please use plain text.
ytiger

Working solution to Nokia 5800 Battery Drain after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

Since I posted this solution, which I did last Wednesday, I didn't even needed to charge my phone until today(Tuesday) and even that when I still have 2 lines showing and I've been using Bluetooth and making calls.

I never got so much on a single charge so it looks like there was some wrong settings in the firmware image the phone provider is using, since they are using a single image to update all phones of the same type.

Please use plain text.
gustavowd

Re: Working solution to Nokia 5800 Battery Drain after V50.0.005 firmware upgrade

Finaly I discovered the problem. Everyone can reproduce this situation.
I'm listening music in my phone with the headphone plugged to my automotive radio/cd player.
When I arrive at work, I unplug the headphone cable and continues to listen the music with the speakers. (and the problem begins ...). Then, average power consumption goes to 0.25W. The only way to stop the high consumption is reboot the phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srinivasanarun

Battery drain problem is solved with a reset to factory defaults as explained in the forum. Thanks guys, was struggling with the problem and didnt even faintly suspect the firmware upgrade and decided to look here anyway. At first it seemed impossible to believe, but it worked anyway!

Also helped clean my phone memory - a lot of flab had accumulated here and it was worth the reset I think.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nakatomi_Uk

The hard reset worked for me but I can only download the v40 FW maybe Vodafone have not confirmed its release I dont know but I cant get it, now with V40 the home screen is completely different and I like it miles better.

Before I reset I did notice the kenetic scrolling thats about it, but with V40 it's miles better looking also it freed up about 20mb of internal memory got rid of a lot of installed junk like whatever API bridge is?????.

Just need to test the battery life I am on 3 bars at the moment and I let it drain so see what happens before the reset charging was quick way to quick as with V30 is took about 1hr 40mins with v40 (no reset) it took 1hr but depleted quicker.

Thanks thou for the H.R info

Nokia 5800 XM, Nokia 5320 Owner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
danailster

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the very same issue with my Nokoia 5800 XM as the one described by gustavowd.

Steps to reproduce:

0. Check power consumption with Nokia Energey Profiler. My phone consumes 160mA with display turned on and about 4mA when the phione is locked.

1. Plug headphones. It doesn't matter whether they are regular headphones or the handsfree set coming with the phone

2. Start the music player and play a random song

3. Unplug the headphones to turn the loudspeaker on

4. Exit the player (via Options -> Exit)

5. Check the power consumption. On my phone it raises to 195mA with display turned on and 45mA when the phone is locked. As a result a fully charged battery is completely exhausted in about 36 hours in standby mode.

Some notes:

- Increased power consumption may not occur each time. However, it will after the second or third try.

- Task managers show that the music player is not running

- There are no WiFi, bluetooth, etc. connections active

- The power consumption gets back to normal only after a reboot

The issue appeared for the first time in firmware v50.x and is also available in the new 51.x. Hard resetting, formatting the memory card, reinstalling the firmware, etc does not help.

Do you, Nokia guys, know anything about this?

Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

I had all there problems but now everything is solved.just did a soft reset followed by memory card format and phone works awesome(befor formatting mem card,back up only media files.never back up any apps)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Starlighttt

Have the same problem after updating to v52...

I charged the phone twice today and it was hot the first time it discharged. I was listening to music today through the speakers.

A reset sounds like a bad solution, I do not want to lose all my settings. I don't rememer exactly which setting would be lost? Calendar entries, contacts, notes can be recovered?

Nokia just keep inventing new problems, one problem fixed yesterday (updating firmware) and it might be this success yesterday which is making another disaster for the phone today

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sunnyboy1350

I had The same Problem But After Hard Reset Using*#7370# and Restore The BAckUp Except App & Seting it was Ok . You Have To Install all Applications Again & Set Your Device As You Want It
Please use plain text.