Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Display/ screen problem

mahalam

hi all,
Same display problem here. My set was bought from the USA and is being used in Pakistan. Problem happens during colder weather. I warm the screen with my body heat or by touching it with hot cup of tea/coffee and prob goes away. Best & sure way is to turn the screen towards shining Sun for few seconds. Problem is not there when weather is on the hotter side.
Wonder if Nokia people ever read these posts and to solve the issues faced by the Nokia phones' lovers.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Vahur

Hi All,

There is nobody from Nokia,to read  hundreds (who knows,how many?) of complains here and on other blogs and from many years?

Would somebody ,from Nokia, give us a final and permanent solution regarding this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Vahur wrote:

Hi All,

There is nobody from Nokia,to read  hundreds (who knows,how many?) of complains here and on other blogs and from many years?

Would somebody ,from Nokia, give us a final and permanent solution regarding this problem?

This is a User-to-User forum.. Though there are Mods and other experts from Nokia on this forum, they are NOT bound to resolve the issues. If solutions / suggestions posted by users do not work, you need to visit Nokia Care or use the 'Contact Us' tab at the bottom of this page to directly contact Nokia ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Magissia

Hello, my 5800 still work perfectly, bought it when it was first released. good luck with yours
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kumarvajay

[ Edited ]

Prevention is better than cure....

This problem is arising when slide lock is used...

I suggest, to not use this slide lock button after updating phone software or firmware...

Rather use the "slide to unlock" on screen to unlock mobile...

Even don't use the slide lock button to lock the phone... And to lock your mobile ...

Use the power button .. Just press the power key one and then you select "lock keys" on screen...

note: donot longpress the power key*

I suggest this becuase I found that the problem's with the slide key

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

kumarvajay wrote:

Prevention is better than cure....

This problem is arising when slide lock is used...

I suggest, to not use this slide lock button after updating phone software or firmware...

Rather use the "slide to unlock" on screen to unlock mobile...

Even don't use the slide lock button to lock the phone... And to lock your mobile ...

Use the power button .. Just press the power key one and then you select "lock keys" on screen...

note: donot longpress the power key*

I suggest this becuase I found that the problem's with the slide key

Beg to differ. Never had such a problem on my Nokia 5800xm which is almost 33 months old now. Even after the Firmware update, I rarely use the 'Swipe to Unlock' due to habit of using the Side 'Slide Key' which I used for quite a long time before the update ...

Please use plain text.
litu1988

hi Nielson,i ve same problem in my 5800xpressmusic,as like u ve,plz help me friend.
Please use plain text.
litu1988

hi frnd,

my 5800xpressmusic is just 2yrs old,its screen becomes faint in colour while i am not using and it goes into many strip manner,after keeping for sometime it works properly.can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ebonglee

@Roshanrims: dude can i update my Phone without SD card? me too have that same stripes screen problem. i wanna try updating my Phone if that would help me.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Vahur

Dear @Roshanrims,

I'm a user,as you,with the same problem.I was reading a lot of posts,on many blogs.The only, temporary solution is,To put a small and powerful magnet, on the top middle of the screen.The permanent solution is,to change the screen(I'm at this stage,already done - I don't know,how long will work).

You can upgrade your phone,without the SD,because it is installed to the phone.Keep in mind,the upgrade will not resolve the screen problem.Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gaara1

thanks dude  i am having the same problem and i want to get rid of it. i will try it . once again thanks

Please use plain text.